The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Black Barbers in Liverpool

Any decent black barbers in Liverpool for afro-carribean hair.. i do not mean to sound racists but different hair textures and styles require different barbers :p:
I thought all Scousers got their hair cut by African-Caribbeans? :hmmmm2:

Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Racist
Reply 3
my bad i really did not mean to offend.. it just different hair textures and different hair styles to suit the different hair textures and this is a legit question please i would appreciate some form of maturity in the replies.
RamocitoMorales
I thought all Scousers got their hair cut by African-Caribbeans? :hmmmm2:

:nothing:

OP there is 'Graduates' on Bold Street who are good with any hair. Go and enquire if you're unsure.
Your best bet is down Smithdown road where I know there are at least 2 Afro-Caribbean Barbers/Hairdressers, and probably around Toxteth where there is a large black community.
Reply 6
Original post by JaeCee

Original post by JaeCee
Any decent black barbers in Liverpool for afro-carribean hair.. i do not mean to sound racists but different hair textures and styles require different barbers :p:

hello lv, did you find one?
my mum says there's quite a few on lodge lane, that's where my dad goes.
Reply 7
Original post by Jackthevillain

Original post by Jackthevillain
Racist

Hello jack the villan, i have to reply to this as i find your message quite ignorant.
it really is just about hair textures. If you are black going to a Caucasian barber for a hair cut it would be like going to a chiropodist about a heart condition. our hair really is that different and its as simple as that.
on very rare occasions you can get Caucasian hair dressers or barbers who have REAL experience, (not just one offs) with black/afro hair. But these are an exception. Trying otherwise would be taking a risk.
I am the first to speak out against racism.
Please think twice before making such comments, they can cause a lot of trouble.
Thanks.
Reply 8
Hi
Need to have a short haircut and highlights. Any good salon/barber that has experience??apart from bold street salon(dey don't do black girls hair) and smith down road...I think d salons der r scam....cs dey reli don't know how to do hair...u literally come out with a frown on your face..
Any suggestions guys?reli need hlp!

Liverpool is a racist city but great too....av bn in 3 incidents where someone threw a coke bottle at my friends and I...Its only few people aren't racists and that's the student in d university....majority are racists....
Very sad to say that I was also in the same Delima in past as I was also unable to find out the good black barber in London as there are no proper online communities of black barber where one can find them easily. sometimes I have to wait for a long hour for someone to cut my hair. Also, it made me difficult to locate barber near me in the past.

But someone recommended me the www.blackbarberreview.co.uk (It is one of its type of the Afro-Caribbean barber communities where one can easily find and locate barber near them. but as this platform is new and is limited in the London. Hope this platform will soon reach in other places so that one can easily find and locate the barber near them)
Original post by JaeCee

Yeah shout me 07882506640

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending