The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Ive tried to choose th components but i dont think i came close to that. Would you be able to give me a spec from ebuyer for a 939 set up for as little as possible.

I hope you dont think im being lazy but i want to see how much i could get it for.

I really appreciate your help.
Reply 162
Right, I'm wondering whether the PSU I've found is suitable for a PC I'm planning to build.
PSU - Levicom vp450W Blue LED Fan P4, TCE, TC, SATA
Mobo - Asus A8N5X nForce4 AMD Athlon 64 939
Graphics - Gainward GF 6600GT PP Ultra 1960PCX SLI, 128MB DDR3, PCI-E, DVI, TV Out, Retail
Case - Ebuyer Extra Value Kg-188 ATX Midi Tower Case In Black With USB/Audio No Psu

I.e. will it;
a) fit in the case
b) work with an AMD64 given it says P4
c)work with a PCI-E graphics card

Cheers.
Reply 163
Nope, I'd go with: www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=18026

Good PSU that doesnt hurt your wallet too much. Will allow room for future upgrades as well.
Reply 164
sr4470
Nope, I'd go with: www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=18026

Good PSU that doesnt hurt your wallet too much. Will allow room for future upgrades as well.

What part makes this one work over the one I saw? I take it it's the ATX2.0 as opposed to just regular ATX?
In which case will this one work as well?
Reply 165
WHta do you think about this psu?

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=17180446181&action=c2VsZWN0X3Byb2R1Y3Rfb3ZlcnZpZXc=&product_uid=98562

What one would be the best out of the three if you forget the price differences?
Reply 166
Steezy20
What part makes this one work over the one I saw? I take it it's the ATX2.0 as opposed to just regular ATX?

Its also a reputable brand, has sufficient amperage and generally I've seen no problems with Akasa PSUs. Thermaltake PSUs, on the other hand, seem to be lacking this quality - I bought a 480W Thermaltake some time ago that turned out to be a waste of money, wasnt sufficient to power an athlon 64 system.
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core 4200+ with HT Tech.
Brushed Aluminium ATX Midi Tower +550W PSU- Silver
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe PCI-Express Mainboard - ATX
6x USB Ports, GB LAN, Dual Channel Memory, 8 Channel Audio, 4x SATA ,2x UDMA, RAID 0,RAID1,RAID 0+1
2048MB DDR400 Memory - PC3200 (2x1024)
250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive with 16MB Buffer
16x DVD-ROM Drive (40x CD-ROM)
512MB DDR2 nVIDIA GeForce 7300GS - TV out- DVI - PCI X (256Mb SMA)
7.1 Channel Surround Sound Audio (on-board)

Just bought this for £839 incl delivery....

is it any good ?

I know for gaming purposes i need to upgrade the 3dfx card
Reply 168
That graphics card was a waste of money...also, what brand is the hard disk?

One other thing, that power supply had better be a good make or it wont handle those components...
suggestions for a 3dfx card for around £200 ?
Reply 170
halloweenjack
suggestions for a 3dfx card for around £200 ?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/7800__Series.html - first one on that page.
Reply 171
What brand is the RAM? Otherwise, probably a good buy :smile:
hey people. my parents wanna get me a pc or laptop for me for my birthday. can anyone point out any good deals for eitherof these? please :smile: my parents have no idea about them and neither do i!budget i guess is cheaper the better, but willign to go up to 800. dunno if thats enough for a laptop so a pc is kool. Liked the idea of a laptop so can take it to and from uni next year

anyway, any help would be appreciated. any sites or anything you know of.
Reply 173
£800 is way above what you need for a basic PC (or indeed, a laptop). Laptops start at ~£350 and PCs can be made for about £250 including a monitor.

Dabs (www.dabs.com/uk) have a good selection of laptops (starting at £369).

As for PCs, well it depends if you're able to build one yourself (this will certainly save money and provide you with a better system).
ohw thanks for that!

my parents will be really pleased with the price range! :wink:
Reply 175
Regardless, I'll be taking my PC to and from Uni, just don't know whether to get a laptop to supplement it going _around_ Uni :smile:
Reply 176
Up to you estel, but I dont think its worth the money just for that use.
acer aspire laptop £399
15" tft
64mb graphics
256 mb memory
40 gb hardrive
cd/dvd combo
4 cell battery??
56 kbps modem
fast ethernet
microsoft xp home
microsoft works

like i say i know nothign abt laptops, and found that in the paper so it any good? im basically gonna be using it for college/uni work, msn, surfing the net, music (i download lots and lots of music!), dont really watch dvd's on the comp at the moment but i might do at uni cos i doubt ill have my own tv and dvd player. dont really play games so that makes a difference to what i need doesn't it? soemthign with long battery life is good, cos i do leave my comp on for loooong priods of time, but i guess i could just connect it up to mains then.
Reply 178
For your needs, that should be more than sufficient :smile: Though I dont know how other people may respond.
Reply 179
hafz
acer aspire laptop £399
15" tft
64mb graphics
256 mb memory
40 gb hardrive
cd/dvd combo
4 cell battery??
56 kbps modem
fast ethernet
microsoft xp home
microsoft works

like i say i know nothign abt laptops, and found that in the paper so it any good? im basically gonna be using it for college/uni work, msn, surfing the net, music (i download lots and lots of music!), dont really watch dvd's on the comp at the moment but i might do at uni cos i doubt ill have my own tv and dvd player. dont really play games so that makes a difference to what i need doesn't it? soemthign with long battery life is good, cos i do leave my comp on for loooong priods of time, but i guess i could just connect it up to mains then.

Got the model number? Isnt that the same thing dabs sell new for £369?

Latest

Trending

Trending