Reply 40
3rd row (from the front) near the middle! perfect :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 41
near the front next to the wall
Reply 42
Right, so first few rows it is in the middlish section, thanks guys :smile:
a7860
Hi so i wanted people's opinion on where is the best place to sit in a lecture theatre, today i was sat on the side near where the door was and kept getting distracted by people walking in late so wanted 2 ask fellow students, which row/section is best to get the maximum from lectures.
Thanx

i'm "hard of hearing" otherwise known as "deaf" so i pick the seats one the first 3 rows mostly in the centre, hardly get distracted and can hear everything
right near the door - I hate queuing to exit.
Reply 45
definately first few rows next to a wall and a vacant seat next to you, so you can sit with your back to the wall and you can see everyone.

i miss my seat
Reply 46
A mile away in my bedroom :awesome:

Na I think nearer the front is better even if you do get a little distracted by latecomers. The back is a pain if the lecturer is too quiet and/or writes too small (or has barely readable handwriting). Not too close to the front though, or you inevitably get picked out to answer a question, never good to be put on the spot like that!
Reply 47
big-boss-91
i'm "hard of hearing" otherwise known as "deaf" so i pick the seats one the first 3 rows mostly in the centre, hardly get distracted and can hear everything

how can you still hear everything?
Reply 48
MarcD
Not too close to the front though, or you inevitably get picked out to answer a question, never good to be put on the spot like that!

this might sound geeky but i actually dont mind answering questions as it can allow me to ask the lecturer anything after i have answered without having to call them in a lecture full of like 200+ students..if you get me?

does anyone else have this problem meaning you don't think you are able to communicate and ask questions in lectures like we did in college and school..?
Reply 49
a7860
this might sound geeky but i actually dont mind answering questions as it can allow me to ask the lecturer anything after i have answered without having to call them in a lecture full of like 200+ students..if you get me?

does anyone else have this problem meaning you don't think you are able to communicate and ask questions in lectures like we did in college and school..?

I know what you mean, there's a general reluctance amongst the students to ask any questions they have during a lecture, I'm guilty of that myself. Usually I'll just wait till the end to ask any questions I have (unless I can't tell what they wrote on the board and need to ask).
Middle front-ish, I imagine. I can't wait until lectures. Stupid gap year.
The back, i cant sit at the front because the words look weird when i try to read lecture notes
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 52
3/4 of the way back to one side. Not too far back you can't hear it over the noise, close enough to the door not to have to queue to get out. Down to a fine art.
Reply 53
However far back as long as I'm by a wall, I feel very uncomfortable with people either side of me.
Sat aaaaaall the way at the back of one today, did not like - the view's nice and all but could barely hear some of what the lecturer was saying, after all you go to listen to the lecturer and if you can't hear them what's the point? Might as well

about 3 /4 of the way back I'd say

or if you want to be independent and original, sit on the floor in front of the front row... or something
a7860
how can you still hear everything?

thats the irony, i just pay a lot of attention.
Reply 56
Doesn't matter really.

Though on tuesday someone had vommed in the lecture theatre before we got in so needless to say I sat as far away from that as possible.
Reply 57
On the end of a row at the back. Speedy exit strategy!
Reply 58
Don't really have any preference, but anywhere between the middle and the back rows.
Reply 59
Does it really matter?

Only been in one once so far and I was in the middle like the rest of my class!

Latest

Trending

Trending