The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
My MSN works fine but I know a guy in my flat can't get his to work and another girl can't connect to the net at all... I suggest going to the ISS help desk in the library and asking them, is what they're there for! :biggrin:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
The anti virus stuff blocks the actual download automatically, but underneath it should say 'run manually' or summat.
my msn works too, lol it was just kinda the luck of the draw for me haha i aint got a clue how i set this comp up lol

:redface:

<<Lew>>
Reply 4
The internet has been a real pain to set up, but it seems to be working okay now. Probably tempting fate though.
Reply 5
Hi everyone. MSN seems to work fine. Trying to get things like Mirc to work now. Think I am nearly there but I dont know how far I can go without getting kicked off the network :p:
(First post here btw)
Finally got my internet working!

How's everyone finding the Uni life then?
Reply 7
Not too bad, but I'm currently averaging on 4 hours sleep a night.
Smiley_Me
Not too bad, but I'm currently averaging on 4 hours sleep a night.

Hehe! I know the feeling.
Reply 9
oh my god why did they make the net so hard to set up. ahh well done now and aside from having to alter settings for every program installed for this new accoutnt its working ok. anyone had luck with mIRC yet?
Reply 10
pasr few nites i been gettin asleep at 9.am its bad.
Reply 11
Ma7y
pasr few nites i been gettin asleep at 9.am its bad.

Hasn't been much to do during the day though has there. When's your first lecture?
Reply 12
tomoro at 9 .
Reply 13
I had a lecture today at 9. I'm shattered.
Reply 14
I have 6hrs a week. I'm delighted :biggrin:
Reply 15
JoeFen
I have 6hrs a week. I'm delighted :biggrin:

I have managed to get Wednesdays and Fridays off, so I'm pleased.
Smiley_Me
I have managed to get Wednesdays and Fridays off, so I'm pleased.

I have most of Wednesday and all of Friday off :smile:

8 hours contact time a week aint that bad!

Had my first lecture today - Philosophy - not too bad but a bit weird! Got Politics in 45 minutes ... :frown:
Reply 17
danjc

Had my first lecture today - Philosophy - not too bad but a bit weird! Got Politics in 45 minutes ... :frown:

I have just come back from a two hour Sociology lecture, and suprisingly it went okay.

Hope yours went okay. :smile:
Reply 18
Smiley_Me
I have just come back from a two hour Sociology lecture, and suprisingly it went okay.

Hope yours went okay. :smile:

ive had 3 hours of lectures today and an hour seminar. they went ok, however they have already given out losts of work! damn. why cant we do freshers week again!
Reply 19
danjc

Nice 20 min lecture wasn't it? :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending