The Student Room Group

Is dying hair vain and artificial?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by this charming girl
I used to love dying it but now think it's a bit silly because me with dyed hair isn't what I actually look like... Thoughts? I want to dye it again!

No it isn't, at all. It's no different to wearing nice clothes, or putting on makeup etc.
Reply 21
Original post by Blueflare
Nah.

I dye my hair because my natural hair colour is boring and crap. Not blonde, not brown, just meh. Blue pwns that colour many times over.

I hear ya :wink:
I suppose, but not to an extent that anyone should judge you for it.
Reply 23
For me, it isn't 'vain' or 'artificial'. My natural hair colour is light brown and I frequently dye it lighter so it is honey blonde. It still looks relatively natural and I just found my natural hair colour boring. I started dyeing my hair when I was 15 and I feel more attractive. It is just one of those things females do to enhance their looks. I would only consider it vain or artificial if it looks unnatural, peroxide blonde hair for example. But then it looks quite common too! Ultimately, it depends on how important you feel your looks are to you.
Reply 24
Original post by itzme
Is that you in you sig (with the blue eyes and red hair)? I think this would suit me as well (it 'brightens' my face as with my natural colour, I look boring). Anyone, hair dye is dangerous, but nor vain.

Yeah that's me, the really brightly coloured bits are just hairspray though because I was dressed like that for a fancy dress day :tongue:. Unless you're talking about the photo in the dress, because I dyed my hair fiercely red to match my shoes at the prom... Normally my hair's brown like on my profile pic, which is fine for me :smile:.
Reply 25
I used to dye my hair blonde, I'm a redheaded (me thinks lol) but as a preteen I really hated it. I just learned to embrace my hair color which is very unique. And personally I dont like it when people whose complexion doesnt fit with red hair, dye it anyways...
it looks just so BAD LOL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending