The Student Room Group

what do guys think of girls who dont drink alcohol?

Scroll to see replies

If a boy dont like you cause you dont drink then dont bother.
If anything I'd like it - means she'd be more inclined to go places other than pubs/clubs.
Reply 42
Anonymous
Yay I like seeing the guy's reactions to this thread, as I don't drink and am also curious as to what they think. Thanks for posting this thread =)

No problem :smile:
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
I am 29, haven't had a drop of alcohol in my life, am straight edge (wiki it if you don't know what that means) and I am dying to
get to know girls who don't drink. It's a huge plus and makes them really interesting; also shows that they don't give the flow,
want to act responsible, like to stay in control and look after their health.

(I know what Straight Edge is - and I dont drink) but out of curiosity does Straight Edge prohibit drugs such as caffeine or even paracetamol?
Reply 44
Original post by HumanNature1992
(I know what Straight Edge is - and I dont drink) but out of curiosity does Straight Edge prohibit drugs such as caffeine or even paracetamol?

in theory, yes.
but in practice, it depends on how strict the individual person is.

some straight edgers also abstain from 'promiscuous sex'
Reply 45
I don't drink and I'm glad I don't because it saves me a hell of a lot of money (which I don't have) and I can remember all my actions. Plus I don't like the taste at all. They're hardly negative things, so why are you anon, OP?
Original post by mermania
in theory, yes.
but in practice, it depends on how strict the individual person is.

some straight edgers also abstain from 'promiscuous sex'

Ok thanks, not sure abstaining from promiscuous sex, not drinking/doing drugs needs to lead to the creation of a cult like society, but whatever helps them I guess.
Reply 47
I don't want to offend women but I see drunk women as easy meat. Good for a night or two, unreliable for a relationship.

I like women who drink, but control and limit themselves.

Women who don't drink well, they're stereotyped as being boring, it's partly true.
I don't drink, I don't mind having a drink but have never been and do not ever plan to become drunk :smile:
Binge drinking or constant nights out getting 'wasted' result in people doing things they regret, they end up with a massive hangover and eventually it becomes a habit - sensible behaviour and consuming alcohol to a sensible degree (i.e. not to become drunk) is acceptable and obviously more attractive in a guy than someone who gets slithered every week :tongue: lol!!
As for what guys think of girls who don't drink, from my experience guys tend to find it a little off-putting once you say you don't drink they automatically presume you're not up for doing anything fun and once they realise their attempts to encourage you to drink fail, they just leave you to find a girl who does drink to excess on a regular basis :rolleyes: Perhaps because they're easier to deal with??
Though imo it's much better to remain happy and healthy than to follow the crowd - after all, there are so many people who are virtually the same, eventually people will realise it's better to be different :smile:
To respond to the OP, it's a REAL turn on if a girl doesn't/hardly drinks for so many reasons.
Bad because it makes it alot more difficult to get her to pass out.
Reply 51
I don't usually drink alcohol. I used to but I really hate myself when I'm drunk. I don't think that anyone can truly behave themselves when they are drunk. You may end up regretting things you did. Nowadays I may occasionally drink few drinks. I have nothing against it (as long as it isn't your whole life, some people only think about next weekend all the time and then they get so wasted that it's only embarrassing) and I drink alcohol if it tastes good. I just don't see a point in binge drinking, I hate to use money for alcohol because it's way too expensive here in Finland.
Reply 52
There is nothing wrong with not drinking at all.

Unfortunately, in my experience there is often a strong correlation between not drinking and being the kind of condescending, antisocial, humourless ****er who neg reps posts like this one.

So I would be wary of that.
Reply 53
:borat:
Reply 54
"Well, no chance of getting laid tonight then."
I'd quite like it. It would be nice to be around a person who doesn't make me feel like I have to partake in binge drinking culture. That's as long as she isn't self-righteous about it, in which case I'd need to be bladdered to stand her.
Reply 56
Depends - nothing worse than a horribly drunk girl, but it is bloody annoying when the girl you like doesn't drink, meaning she can always remember exactly how much of a **** out of yourself the night before :s-smilie:
I love alcohol, although, I hardly ever drink. I just don't see the point, its bad for you.

As for girls drinking... They usually don't like it, but they pretend to like it so that they can be attention whores.
No-one cares. I couldn't care less if my girlfriend never drank or was a big drinker.
Reply 59
Original post by HumanNature1992
To respond to the OP, it's a REAL turn on if a girl doesn't/hardly drinks for so many reasons.

what??? why??? i can see it being a turn on if she DOES drink ie more likly to do nasty stuff with random dudes, be undressed and dance nastily in public etc.

but why the other way?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending