The Student Room Group

On my year abroad and forgotten my arret - HELLLLP!

Hi all,

I'm on my year abroad currently and need to open my bank account, but I've been a complete muppet and not brought my certificate of appointment with me. However I do have my passport, translated birth certificate, a bank statement from my UK bank, and my proces-verbal d'installation which I think I will be getting tomorrow. Do we think I'm going to have trouble opening a bank account without the arret?

Quick replies much appreciated, I'm going to open an account tomorrow :s-smilie:

SuperSam_Fantastiche
Shameless bump: This is a slightly desperate situation :p:
Reply 2
Hi :smile: Ok so I don't remember exactly what the arret is. However...

When I went to Lyon for my year abroad I took my passport, birth certificate, proof of accommodation and proof of where I was studying. I possibly took proof of a student loan too. I think so long as you have those main things you should be ok.

Remember, they are a bank and therefore they are desperate for people to open accounts because that's how they work!!! So long as you can prove that you are in the country legally then I don't think they will worry too much.

Hint: I don't know what your French is like, when I first went over mine wasn't the best. Be warned they will try to "sell" you other bank accounts e.g savings. I don't want to scare you, I just remember what it was like! Just be aware of it is all I'm saying. Bonne chance pour demain :smile:
Netts
Hi :smile: Ok so I don't remember exactly what the arret is. However...

When I went to Lyon for my year abroad I took my passport, birth certificate, proof of accommodation and proof of where I was studying. I possibly took proof of a student loan too. I think so long as you have those main things you should be ok.

Remember, they are a bank and therefore they are desperate for people to open accounts because that's how they work!!! So long as you can prove that you are in the country legally then I don't think they will worry too much.

Hint: I don't know what your French is like, when I first went over mine wasn't the best. Be warned they will try to "sell" you other bank accounts e.g savings. I don't want to scare you, I just remember what it was like! Just be aware of it is all I'm saying. Bonne chance pour demain :smile:

Ahh, arret = my certificate of appointment (I'm doing language assistantship with the British Council), but if I've got my headteacher with me as well as my proces-verbal d'installation then I'm hoping I should be alright...if not I'll beg the head teacher to help me :p:

Yeahh my French isn't the best - I'm coping in the school currently but outside it's more difficult - I have been ******** myself over opening this bank account since July! :biggrin:

Thanks for the advice xx
If you have problems go with these: http://www.ingdirect.fr/

They are the best in Spain anyway as they don't charge to withdraw money from other cashpoints, plus it's all internet. They will send the forms to your house and you have to put photocopied forms in and Bob's your uncle!
That's awesome! Thanks :biggrin: xx

Latest

Trending

Trending