The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I had 24 in my first semester, 28 in my second, and have 21 this semester, start of second year :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
11 hours in total, 1st year.
9 :/ My only lecture is for my "wild module" and the rest are language labs or classes.
I do social sciences - had 7 hours of lectures + 2 or 3 hours of seminars/tutorials a week in first year, about the same in 2nd year.
Reply 24
I have about 13. Final year.
(edited 13 years ago)
Mr. Orange
That's a very long lecture.

:sadnod: its very tiring

:rolleyes:
I counted 22 hours a week.
Reply 27
12 hours in first year, same in second year. Actually it's more like 14 this year some weeks because I turn up to another module's lectures at times :ninja:
Wow... I have 27 hours a week. Can't believe how much it varies!
3 hours so far a week, but i think il have one seminar a week too. Then a tutor session each week then group meetings for projects.
13 which is bs.
Reply 31
1 st year 26 hours :frown:
Twelve hours a week (both when I was an undergrad and now, though the structure is different). Of course, that's just contact, outside of the classroom is where the real work gets done.

I have no idea why you have so much. English at Exeter is about 6-10
I had 12 hours per week in 1st year, and 10 hours per week this year. I know that third years on my course have around 6 hours per week- no seminars or anything like that, just the lectures for the three module options.. then it's upto you to arrange meetings with tutors to discuss dissertation etc.

You find that you get less and less "contact" time each year, as you will be expected to do more independant work (and the increase of work unfortunately beats the decrease in lectures!)
Reply 35
Mine varies, it's between 14-18 if I counted correctly, not the best, but also not the worst :yep:
Reply 36
I have:

Monday - 2 hours lectures
Tuesday - 3 hours lectures, 2 hour lab
Wednesday - 3 hours lectures, 3 hour lab
Thursday - 3 hours lectures, 2 hour lab
Friday - 3 hours lectures

So thats 15 hours lectures and 8 hours of labs a week - not too bad.
Reply 37
i think it's about 10-11 hours. but there might be others which are not currently in the timetable. :s-smilie:
23 hours is a blessing! I have 36 hours a week :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: Aero Eng at Bristol if curious.
Reply 39
3rd year - 7 hours a week

Latest

Trending

Trending