The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Tempa
wasnt able to take 4 as levels

too dumb for it apparently that what my college said anyway?

If you are that easily hoodwinked then I suggest you forget about a career in Economics.

I sense a troll here ffs :colonhash:
(edited 13 years ago)
Tempa
If i teach myself, i no way of proving that i know further maths?

Other than exams I assume?
Reply 22
In2deep
If you are that easily hoodwinked then I suggest you forget about a career in Economics.

I sense a troll here ffs :colonhash:

Dude, my college said that had too many bright pupils with very good grades so i cudnt take 4 !
Reply 23
jj193
Teach yourself, get your school to enter you into the exams. I don't know what stats alevel is? S1-5 and another applied? anyway, that means all you need to learn is FP1 and FP2 or FP3, for Maths and Further Maths.

you need fp1 and fp2/fp3 and another 4 applied modules for further no? I dont think he can use his statistics modules if he already got an a level with those
Reply 24
And my sig is different now

happy?
If you apply to Economics and Stats at UCL then yes, it's a good combo. You might get into E&M at Oxford. It's possible, but you really need a 4th AS that's further maths, if not possible then do a different subject but a 4th AS is important.
Reply 26
Tempa
Im strugglin with maths

Perhaps your teacher has a reason why he/she didn't enter you for further maths?
In2deep
What is A-level Statistics? S1 to S5?

No. Different A level.
You should probably rethink the uni's you want to apply to.
Like everyone's said, learn f.maths on your own, and give yourself a better chance.
Tempa
can't change subjects

Your only chance at the unis you mentioned are through your AS Level results in strong and more than three subjects since you're GCSEs aren't good.
Reply 30
lubus
you need fp1 and fp2/fp3 and another 4 applied modules for further no? I dont think he can use his statistics modules if he already got an a level with those

Sorry, I meant use the statistics lessons for further maths rather then statistics a-level. I realise it's a little extra work to call your statistics further maths, but looking at entry reqs he'll need FM.
Reply 31
ill do stats and econ at uni then?
Reply 32
for oxfrod requirements dont have fm only maths and thats only high recommened?
Reply 33
Yes but everyone has Further Maths and Oxford's requirements are misleading low - there only intended purpose is to make sure you finish your alevels (they are not intended to be a hurdle for anyone).
Reply 34
alright, then if i get 3A*S at a-level and apply for warick can u asses my chances?
Lol you type like a retard
Reply 36
asdfg0987
Lol you type like a retard

Nah, just can't be bothered to get the capitals and punctuation correct.
Tempa
alright, then if i get 3A*S at a-level and apply for warick can u asses my chances?

Ask them in an email maybe, but you still will need an extra AS from what I remember about their requirements.

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/depta2z/statistics/gg13/
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 38
asdfg0987
Ask them in an email maybe, but you still will need an extra AS from what I remember about their requirements.

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/depta2z/statistics/gg13/

im screwed then?
Reply 39
Tempa

get 95%+ in all your subjects at AS, undertake LOTS of economics reading-write a great personal statement, get great reference quoting your great results with A*A*A* predictions. Then your best chance would be Cambridge - the others are just GCSE whores (i.e. No).

Latest