The Student Room Group

Uni's for psychology

I have chosen my 5 university choices to do Psychology, but im not sure if the uni i have chosen for my insurance is too high......:eek3:
In my AS i got AAB and im predicted A*AA

My choices are:

Cambridge= A*AA
Birmingham= AAB
Sheffield= AAB
Reading= AAB
Oxford Brookes (Insurance)= ABB

The insurance place i have chosen is Oxford Brookes...........but they want ABB. Is that too high? Should i choose a uni that only wants BBC for my insurance instead or not???
But the problem is that i don't like any Universities that only want BBC :frown:

I don't know what to do....:eek3:
Reply 1
i think if you're predicted A*AA then insurance of ABB will be fine :smile: bear in mind though that there are other, 'better' universities for psychology that want ABB, Royal Holloway is one example.
amm454
i think if you're predicted A*AA then insurance of ABB will be fine :smile: bear in mind though that there are other, 'better' universities for psychology that want ABB, Royal Holloway is one example.

Rhul is AAB this cycle.
Reply 3
amm454

Well i know, but my GCSE maths is only a grade c, which prevents from applying to some uni's. Royal Holloway is an example. They will only accept a grade b! This is silly i know...........:rolleyes: there is not much difference between a c and a b at GCSE
Look at Bangor and Kent.

(I seem to say that too much...)
Reply 5
kiss_me_now9
Look at Bangor and Kent.

(I seem to say that too much...)

I think Kent is too high as an insurance choice for the OP (AAB).

You guys must've started at Bangor by now. How you finding it so far? I miss Fay Short and Guillarme Thierry.:frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
clairelou92
I have chosen my 5 university choices to do Psychology, but im not sure if the uni i have chosen for my insurance is too high......:eek3:
In my AS i got AAB and im predicted A*AA

My choices are:

Cambridge= A*AA
Birmingham= AAB
Sheffield= AAB
Reading= AAB
Oxford Brookes (Insurance)= ABB

The insurance place i have chosen is Oxford Brookes...........but they want ABB. Is that too high? Should i choose a uni that only wants BBC for my insurance instead or not???
But the problem is that i don't like any Universities that only want BBC :frown:

I don't know what to do....:eek3:

It depends on how confident you are of achieing at least ABB. You should ring up the admissions office at Oxford Brookes and ask if they will allow you in with BBB or ABC.
bruce_t89
I think Kent is too high as an insurance choice for the OP (AAB).

You guys must've started at Bangor by now. How you finding it so far? I miss Fay Short and Guillarme Thierry.:frown:

Ah, I never know the entry requirements :colondollar:

Yep, we've not had any lectures by Guillarme Thierry but Fay Short's doing our History of Psych and it's brilliant, she's funny but to the point :yy: Can't wait to do the Brain and Mind module next semester!
Goldsmiths?
Reply 9
kiss_me_now9
Ah, I never know the entry requirements :colondollar:

Yep, we've not had any lectures by Guillarme Thierry but Fay Short's doing our History of Psych and it's brilliant, she's funny but to the point :yy: Can't wait to do the Brain and Mind module next semester!

Yeah, Fay seems to try too hard to be funny in lectures, but she was also my seminar group leader. Once you get to know her better she's great and very lovable. :smile:

You'll love Guillaume but it may take a lecture or two to understand his French accent.:p: Very funny guy though.

Oh man, talking about them makes me miss the place:sad: .

Latest