The Student Room Group

Glasses Help

I need help with the following.

I got a prescription from Specsaver in April 2010 and the glasses I got are lost, I need glasses because I can't see very far and really need to them uni because I'm already struggling in my lectures. The question is, if I take my prescription into a different opticians (because I want to get new glasses not available at Specsavers) will this be possible or will I only be able to get glasses from Specsavers?

Thanks
Tinkerbell5
I need help with the following.

I got a prescription from Specsaver in April 2010 and the glasses I got are lost, I need glasses because I can't see very far and really need to them uni because I'm already struggling in my lectures. The question is, if I take my prescription into a different opticians (because I want to get new glasses not available at Specsavers) will this be possible or will I only be able to get glasses from Specsavers?

Thanks

You should be able to take details of your prescription into any optician. You're certainly not tied down to just using SpecSavers.
You can take your prescription to any opticians you like and get glasses from anywhere.
Reply 3
I got a prescription from a small local opticians but was able to get some glasses from Vision Express, so it's fine.
Reply 4
I'm an optician and can confirm you can get them from anywhere with a valid prescription (less than 2 years old), so you'll be fine.
Reply 5
simtacular
I'm an optician and can confirm you can get them from anywhere with a valid prescription (less than 2 years old), so you'll be fine.

I am not an optician and I can happily confirm the same.
Reply 6
simtacular

well.. /thread
simtacular

I would argue that 'valid prescription' depends on the recall period given - for example, I'm on a twelve month recall, so a two-year one is out of date for me ... but yeah, OP, you can go anywhere with a prescription that is within date.

Latest

Trending

Trending