The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
bluebell100
I think same-gender universities would be a good idea. There are same-sex schools, so why not same-sex unis? Its a good way of maintaining modesty, chastity and focusing on work.

You're clearly an idiot.

People who attend university are adults and should be treated as such. If you want to be modest, chaste and focus on your work, well good for you. No one's stopping you.

Don't force your lifestyle choices upon others.
Reply 41
Lantulana
...I'm confused - can you expand on this a little? :s-smilie:

Well, I would talk to a man if I really had to, like for professional purposes or something beneficial but not on a personal level or for friendship. All my friends are girls.
That's the most homo idea I've ever heard.
-beads-
This is U.K, not Saudi Arabia.

nothing about religion or culture

but scientifically you concentrate more.... coz your not constantly worried about what the opposite gender thinks of you... its real I mean I'm in college now I see how us girls worry so much about looks/cloths/hair/makeup.... why? in girls only skwl its not as much

regarldess uni is for studying :tongue:
LOL

*cough*I do apologize, carry on.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 45
NOOOOOOOO!!! Coming from an all-girls school (since Year 7) everyone here is looking forward to University because we finally get to be around the opposite sex. The reason we are here is for the good grades. Pure and simple. It's insane to think that same sex schools still exist now but same sex universities actually make me want to cry with frustration. Will I never have any male friends? It's just not right. It doesn't reflect the real world at all. Girls get a false sense of security and are completely thrown off when they have to work with boys. I actually don't understand how it's okay to segregate schools. It's not. And university? Absolute joke. University's meant to prepare you for the rest of your life. What's the point in having a first if you automatically are not very sure of yourself when working with half the population?

Edit: Also, it's not true to say that you don't worry about the way you talk, act, dress, look, etc. There is a lot of pressure to look good in my all-girl school (we have almost no fat or even overweight people). Also, unfair to say gay/lesbian people won't get distracted.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 46
DJ_Black
You're clearly an idiot.

People who attend university are adults and should be treated as such. If you want to be modest, chaste and focus on your work, well good for you. No one's stopping you.

Don't force your lifestyle choices upon others.

I'm not forcing my lifestyle choices on anyone. I'm just saying, if a same-sex uni was opened, that would be great for those, like me, who want the option of going to one.
Reply 47
How crappy would that be though. Suppose I could still shag the locals...
Reply 48
bluebell100
Well, I would talk to a man if I really had to, like for professional purposes or something beneficial but not on a personal level or for friendship. All my friends are girls.

Um, why? What's wrong with men?
Reply 49
bluebell100

But what exactly is your problem with males? Also, have you had all your life so far at segregated schools? I'm just wondering XD
bluebell100
Yes. There are careers that are dominated by women such as midwifery, primary teaching etc.

^this is why all my kids will be homeschooled. You never know who is teaching in schools.
Nope.
Interestingly we used to have same-sex universities (I think Royal Holloway used to be just girls), however the government got rid of them for a reason i.e it's illogicial, it doesn't prepare people for life (it's an artificial environment which is possibly beneficial when you're 13, but not when you're 23) and it's ridiculously uneconomical.

It's a silly idea, and if you love the idea of chastity, don't get boned. Plain and simple. :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
It's about learning, not chastity.
And what about gay people that like sex? Kinda ruins the chastity element.
bluebell100

...Why?
Reply 55
BookWormShanti
Um, why? What's wrong with men?

There's nothing wrong with men. Its just that modesty can be maintained with sticking to friends of the same gender.
No thanks, girls are pretty.
Reply 57
I would definitely be opposed to this. I don't see why we should segregate students on the basis of sex in the first place, and it is wholly unnecessary to do so when you get to a certain level. The real world isn't segregated in such a fashion so why should we artificially separate males and females? It just isn't very sensible.
Reply 58
bluebell100
There's nothing wrong with men. Its just that modesty can be maintained with sticking to friends of the same gender.

It can also be maintained by not being a slut and keeping your clothes on around men. Are you a lesbian btw OP or simply Asexual?
Well if we do that, then we might as well segregate workplaces too. Men and women have to meet at some point...

Latest

Trending

Trending