University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You dp is appropriate
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
As hilariously approporate your username-and-display-picture combination is, I would also like to know :h:
Reply 3
Hmm, is there a curry house on campus?
I don't really eat take aways often but it'd be nice to have a curry once in a while.
There's a burger and kebab van that you can find outside the SU most weekday nights in the car park by Benefactors :smile: it is legendary amongst Warwick students for a 3am kebab!

On Campus:
There's also some really nice pub food at the Dirty Duck - really nice chips and burgers!
They also do chips and stuff in the Library Cafe for snacks in the daytime.
There's curry and nice asian foods in Bar Fusion in Rootes Bar.
There's the Bread Oven that does baguettes and stuff.

If you want to venture on campus:
10 minute walk from campus on Charter Avenue you've got the Phantom Coach, which does Steak and Chips for £3.99!!! (And obviously more expensive steaks but still SO NICE for under a fiver)
15 minute walk near Sheriff Avenue is a Chinese Takeaway
20 minute walk from campus at tile hill you have a small retail park that has a Macdonalds, Dominoes Pizza, Pizza Hut and KFC.
20 minutes in the opposite direction on Fletchamstead highway is a Subway and Fish and Chip shop.

Dominoes, Pizza Hut and the Chinese all deliver on Campus.

Bon appetit!
(edited 13 years ago)
As above, plus warwick students get 50% discount on deliveries over a certain amount, £30 I think.
Reply 6
GarethBrown
As above, plus warwick students get 50% discount on deliveries over a certain amount, £30 I think.

So basically if you want to spend around £15, you might as well order double?
AWESOME :ahee:
Reply 7
screenager2004
There's a burger and kebab van that you can find outside the SU most weekday nights in the car park by Benefactors :smile: it is legendary amongst Warwick students for a 3am kebab!

On Campus:
There's also some really nice pub food at the Dirty Duck - really nice chips and burgers!
They also do chips and stuff in the Library Cafe for snacks in the daytime.
There's curry and nice asian foods in Bar Fusion in Rootes Bar.
There's the Bread Oven that does baguettes and stuff.

If you want to venture on campus:
10 minute walk from campus on Charter Avenue you've got the Phantom Coach, which does Steak and Chips for £3.99!!! (And obviously more expensive steaks but still SO NICE for under a fiver)
15 minute walk near Sheriff Avenue is a Chinese Takeaway
20 minute walk from campus at tile hill you have a small retail park that has a Macdonalds, Dominoes Pizza, Pizza Hut and KFC.
20 minutes in the opposite direction on Fletchamstead highway is a Subway and Fish and Chip shop.

Dominoes, Pizza Hut and the Chinese all deliver on Campus.

Bon appetit!

10 Minute walk if you have the world's longest legs, yeah. But worth the walk for the chocolate fudge cake mountain...
+ 20 minute WALK to KFC? How are you so fast, man?
Off campus, in Leamington there are plenty of fast food restaurants.
Reply 9
FatboyGinger
What's it like? I'd love to be able to grab a burger and chips if I get hungry or get a massive donner after a night out. Possible at Warwick?

http://www.shareprice.co.uk/MTA/MATRA-PETROLEUM-PLC
Thanks people esp Screen

Yeh I saw, weird though because there's no RNS. Must be one tomorrow morning that has leaked. Still got 95% of my portfolio in MTA, what about you? I'm holding- a12 back up producing and a13 at 800+bpd and it's easy 5p again. What d'ya reckon?

You still owe me a pint though :biggrin:
GarethBrown

can you tell exactly which restaurants/fast food please?

Because Domino pizza don't do any discount (I ordered from the coventry branch)
destination unknown
can you tell exactly which restaurants/fast food please?

Because Domino pizza don't do any discount (I ordered from the coventry branch)

It is only Dominos, and they do. You will need to promo code which is on the inside of every freshers guide and su guide distributed by the SU - if you don't have one of these yet then pick it up from tomorrow in the SU!

As a rule of thumb, places don't give you discount unless you ask for it, so don't just expect it!
Reply 13
FatboyGinger
Thanks people esp Screen

Yeh I saw, weird though because there's no RNS. Must be one tomorrow morning that has leaked. Still got 95% of my portfolio in MTA, what about you? I'm holding- a12 back up producing and a13 at 800+bpd and it's easy 5p again. What d'ya reckon?

You still owe me a pint though :biggrin:

I'm in at an average of 1.40, sold the majority at 5.60 though so I made a fair amount in it.

Enough to buy you that pint, I'm turning up tomorrow, send me a PM when you've got time.

I'm only about 15% in MTA at the moment.
GarethBrown
It is only Dominos, and they do. You will need to promo code which is on the inside of every freshers guide and su guide distributed by the SU - if you don't have one of these yet then pick it up from tomorrow in the SU!

As a rule of thumb, places don't give you discount unless you ask for it, so don't just expect it!

I've got the freshers guide here and it says the amount to qualify for it is £9.99, and it doesn't say any promotional code.
(edited 13 years ago)
matt2k8
I've got the freshers guide here and it says the amount to qualify for it is £9.99, and it doesn't say any promotional code.

Well that's even better than what I said then!

Bear in mind the local shops prices arent as good as online prices, and you have to actually ring the store to get the discount, but its still cheap!
matt2k8

That's them minimum order for them to deliver it. £30 is the qualifying amount for the offer :yep:

You also get BOGOF!
(edited 13 years ago)
Katymcc
10 Minute walk if you have the world's longest legs, yeah. But worth the walk for the chocolate fudge cake mountain...
+ 20 minute WALK to KFC? How are you so fast, man?

I lived in Westwood, so I guess I had a bit of a headstart :P Add +10 minutes if you're in south campus!
Reply 18
Google "just eat".
Reply 19
Now I'm away from it on my year abroad I actually have cravings for the burgers from the van outside the SU. No word of a lie. You lot are all so lucky.

Latest