The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 1
I dobut there will be a dress code that says strictly you need to wear black. Personally I will try to be different from the group of 99% black suited freshers.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
absolootly
I've got a suit but it's grey pinstripe so there won't be much use in taking it over there, so I'm wondering if I should quickly get a black suit in case I do head over to the freshers ball or something.

I don't know if I'm even going to the ball but I take it most people would be wearing black tie as opposed to jeans + shirt?

i thought there were no dress code on freshers' balls. cos they're not actually a proper "ball". at least all my mates' (except oxbridge) there was no dress code
I believe the onyl black tie freshers event is the ICSM ball. RCSU ball is smart but not black tie. Normal freshers ball is whatever I think

I brought a Dinner Jacket but I like dressing up. Used it 3/4 times.
Reply 4
I have with me:

Tux
Interview suit (black)
Work suit (grey pinstripe)
Normal suit (black)

You can never have enough suits :biggrin: They're awesome.
sunspoon
I have with me:

Tux
Interview suit (black)
Work suit (grey pinstripe)
Normal suit (black)

You can never have enough suits :biggrin: They're awesome.

How do those two differ?

Though I do agree
Reply 6
crazylemon
How do those two differ?

Though I do agree

Interview suit is a 3 button, more corporate style - wider lapelles, very bland.

Normal suit is a very fashionable, trendy cut - something that you'd wear to a cocktail party, and certainly not to work.
sunspoon
Interview suit is a 3 button, more corporate style - wider lapelles, very bland.

Normal suit is a very fashionable, trendy cut - something that you'd wear to a cocktail party, and certainly not to work.

Makes sense.

I just have work suits and a tux tbh. Though none are 3 button cause I am short so think they look silly on me :p:
Reply 8
crazylemon
Makes sense.

I just have work suits and a tux tbh. Though none are 3 button cause I am short so think they look silly on me :p:

I'm only 5' 7 and it looks fine on me - it all depends on the cut I suppose.
sunspoon
I'm only 5' 7 and it looks fine on me - it all depends on the cut I suppose.

Hmm might have another look then, I am 5'6 :p:

I like suits but don't really want to spend too much money on them, can't wear them very often.
sunspoon

im guessing a 2 button striped one from topman is on the trendy side then? cos i only have that one that i wore to 6th form
Reply 11
VersaEmerge
im guessing a 2 button striped one from topman is on the trendy side then? cos i only have that one that i wore to 6th form

Actually I got all my stuff from Savoy Taylors Guild :smile: Better quality in my opinion but still quite cheap most of the time. They do quite a good tailoring service too cos my arms and legs are short lol.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
guys in suits :love:
All suits should really, really, be black.

At least for me anyway, I look like a dick in anything else.
Reply 14
When will be the first day (date) we will need suits?

Latest

Trending

Trending