The Student Room Group

Can you get refund if your remark is successful?

Hi there,

I had my paper remarked this june and my module mark went up by 2 UMS. However my overall grade is still a B. I wonder if AQA gave me a refund. I paid £70 for the college for the remark and they said they wouldn't give me a refund even though my mark has gone up. I don't know I'm in the right or wrong here. Please help.
Reply 1
Silence_seeker
Hi there,

I had my paper remarked this june and my module mark went up by 2 UMS. However my overall grade is still a B. I wonder if AQA gave me a refund. I paid £70 for the college for the remark and they said they wouldn't give me a refund even though my mark has gone up. I don't know I'm in the right or wrong here. Please help.

Well your college will get a refund, so there's no reason why you shouldn't.
Reply 2
Silence_seeker
Hi there,

No you only get a refund if the grade increases.
This is common to all of the awarding bodies
It is stated here:
http://web.aqa.org.uk/admin/p_results_fees.php
Reply 3
You only get a refund if your overall grade changes. For example, I got my English paper remarked (an A grade) and it came back as a higher A which got me an A* overall, so I got a refund.
only if your grade went up. You still got a B so it doesn't make a difference, bad decision to remark tbh £70:eek:
you won't get your money back for going up 2 ums.
Reply 6
Only if the grade goes up, not just UMS.

It's in a sticky somewhere on here but I can't find it :/
do anyone know whether exams taken in June 2009 can still be remarked? or is there a deadline for this sort of things.
Reply 8
Casshern1456
do anyone know whether exams taken in June 2009 can still be remarked? or is there a deadline for this sort of things.

No they can't
Yes there is a deadline and it is long gone.
The deadline for June 2010 was 20/Sept
gdunne42
No they can't
Yes there is a deadline and it is long gone.
The deadline for June 2010 was 20/Sept

damn, what do they do with the exam papers anyway? destroy & recycle?
Reply 10
Casshern1456
damn, what do they do with the exam papers anyway? destroy & recycle?

Never seen it written down but e.g. AQA receive about 7 million scripts every summer, so yeah unless you ask for them back (and there's a deadline for that too.......) I figure they get recycled.
gdunne42
Never seen it written down but e.g. AQA receive about 7 million scripts every summer, so yeah unless you ask for them back (and there's a deadline for that too.......) I figure they get recycled.

:sigh: all that knowledge wasted. Should've sent them to 3rd world countrys who can't afford education, that's a better use than destroying them.
(edited 13 years ago)
Casshern1456
:sigh: all that knowledge wasted. Should've sent them to 3rd world countrys who can't afford education, that's a better use than destroying them.

Lol what about all the questions people get wrong then? We'd be teaching 3rd world kids the wrong things! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
:eek3:

Latest