The Student Room Group

How many A-level exams is too many in Jan ans in summer?

Hello all,

Im Taking 4 exams in Jan(2 AS resit exams and 2 a2 modules)

In summer 2011 ill will be taking between 6 and ten exams, (depending on how jan '11 exams go)

I would like people to give me their perspectives/experience on my situation

*suppose i end up doing 5 exams in jan, would this be too much

*if i end up doing ten or eleven exams in summer is this too much? (if my jan exams go well, it could end up being less eg 6)

Thanks for advice
I did 12 this summer as I did 4 A Levels and 2 ASs. I didn't get the best grades although I revised really hard (every day of study leave from 7 in the morning till 11/12 at night with about 30 min break all day and gave up 7 months of lunchtimes with my friends to revise) but I don't do well in exams :frown: I still got into Uni though, and doing exactly the course I want to do, Primary Teaching :biggrin:
Reply 2
I think I will end up having
2 History exams
3 F.Maths exams
2-3 Maths exams
2 Chemistry exams
1 Biology exam
At the end of AS. I don't think it's too bad tbh :smile:

Revise hard and I don't see a reason why you won't do well even if you do have lots of exams :smile:. Just time management will be vital.
No 4 is quite a low amount to be honest, its not until 7ish that I would start to worry at all. People do 12 at one time though and do well, so its really no excuse I guess...
Nah, you should be fine. I had 13 this Summer and got A's in them all (and full UMS in 7 :wink:). You just have to start a bit earlier and hope to God your timetable works out decently, is all.

Latest