The Student Room Group

Spanish or French A level?

So I'm about to choose my A level courses for sixth form and have decided upon English Literature, History, Politics and a language.
I currently study Spanish and French GCSE and am predicted A* in each.
I really don't know which to take for A level!:eek3: (You can only do 4 at my school)
I'd like to do a degree in international relations which will include language options, so can somebody who's studying French, Spanish or both please advise me as to the advantages and disadvantages of both?
Thank-you! :yep:
Wait for your results and pick the one in which you get an A*(or the one you do better at) otherwise choose whichever one you find more 'fun'. I personally found Spanish a lot more fun.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
I have to turn in my application my December :s-smilie:
Reply 3
I do both at A Level and spanish is probably a little bit easier :smile:
Reply 4
For a degree in international relations, won't French be more useful? UN etc.
Reply 5
French sounds sexyy :smile:
Reply 6
Spanish! :biggrin: I only did french for a couple of months before I started doing Spanish and found it quite difficult. But obviously if you are predicted an A* that won't be a major issue...just do the one you enjoy the most and think you have a higher chance of succeeding in at A level - which is very different to the GCSE course. Have a look at the topics that you would be doing and see which appeal to you the most! (Though if they're both the same exam board they will probs be the same!) Good luck! I looovee Spanish A level if that helps :biggrin: xxx
Reply 7
Spanish is slightly easier and both are very good for working in International Relations. Choose the one you enjoy more.

Word of warning, A-Level is nothing like GCSE. Be prepared to work hard.
Reply 8
Well thanks everyone but got the 'pool' info today and it won't be possible for me to do Government and Politics sooo I'm doing French AND Spanish.
Wish me luck!!
Reply 9
YAY for dual-linguismness.

French and Spanish ftw, although at the moment I'm finding it a bit tricky because they're both VERY essay intensive and I keep chopping and changing what language I'm typing in the middle of essays... Derp :P
Reply 10
DAMN.
Might have to do Maths instead of Spanish due to stupid time-tables. Dear God...
Reply 11
Ross E
Spanish is slightly easier and both are very good for working in International Relations. Choose the one you enjoy more.

Word of warning, A-Level is nothing like GCSE. Be prepared to work hard.

This

Latest

Trending

Trending