The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you wanna go into post grad medicine I'd imagine biochem to be more useful but, like you, I find neuroscience to be more interesting. I dunno about individual subjects but overall both unis are about equal in terms of 'prestige' and that, if I had to live in one of the two cities it would definitely be Leeds.
prestige won't really play a part if it's a choice between leeds and notts for postgrad, but leeds' location looks more fun.
Reply 3
concubine
If you wanna go into post grad medicine I'd imagine biochem to be more useful but, like you, I find neuroscience to be more interesting. I dunno about individual subjects but overall both unis are about equal in terms of 'prestige' and that, if I had to live in one of the two cities it would definitely be Leeds.

Cheers dude BTW i'm lovin the sig, it made me lol
Reply 4
still very confused :/
Reply 5
leeds/nottingham
neuroscience/biochemistry
Reply 6
I did my undergrad in Human Genetics at Nottingham.

Loved the uni - being on a campus uni like that is amazing. It was so much fun and the shopping & night life is brilliant.

As long as you have a science degree, you can go into medicine or dentistry afterwards. It doesn't really matter what degree it is. What matters is how well you do. With that in mind, I would ALWAYS recommend doing the subject you enjoy most, as that will make it easier to obtain a good degree classification.

But then again, Nottingham is amazing :biggrin:
Reply 7
gene-ius
I did my undergrad in Human Genetics at Nottingham.

Loved the uni - being on a campus uni like that is amazing. It was so much fun and the shopping & night life is brilliant.

As long as you have a science degree, you can go into medicine or dentistry afterwards. It doesn't really matter what degree it is. What matters is how well you do. With that in mind, I would ALWAYS recommend doing the subject you enjoy most, as that will make it easier to obtain a good degree classification.

But then again, Nottingham is amazing :biggrin:

Thank you! I hope you get a string of offers for dentistry! :biggrin:
Reply 8
T-Toe
Thank you! I hope you get a string of offers for dentistry! :biggrin:

Haha, thanks, so do I!! And good luck making your choices :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending