The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't see how it's selfish, since its not like they chose to be bisexual or that straight people chose to be straight.

It's not like buying two items rather than one or the other in a shop.
Reply 2
Maybe your just thinking a litte too closed mindedly?
Reply 3
No, they're selfish if they think it's okay to cheat on their girlfriend for example because it's with a guy, not another girl.
that'd be pretty selfish

but no, it's down to attraction regardless of sex.
Reply 4
why would it be selfish? it's not like they're stopping anybody else from doing something? It's our lives :s-smilie:
Reply 5
dd4483
I don't see how it's selfish, since its not like they chose to be bisexual or that straight people chose to be straight.

It's not like buying two items rather than one or the other in a shop.

It's hard enough convincing a lass you're better than the millions of blokes out there, the last thing you need is for her to throw millions of women into the equation too.
Shiny Dirt
No, they're selfish if they think it's okay to cheat on their girlfriend for example because it's with a guy, not another girl.
that'd be pretty selfish

This.
Reply 7
EsStupido
It's hard enough convincing a lass you're better than the millions of blokes out there, the last thing you need is for her to throw millions of women into the equation too.

Surely that has more to with insecurity?
Reply 8
dd4483
Surely that has more to with insecurity?

How so? I'm talking about competing for their affections, not keeping hold of them once you're together.
Reply 9
Wow, you make it out as if us bisexual people have no emotional attachment to a person and willing to go off with some random piece of arse that comes our way. Sure we do have more people to choose from, but that does not mean we are selfish because of it, it wasn't ours (well my) choice to be attracted to both sexes and I certainly wouldn't feel like I had the choice of who I wanted to be with if I were already in a relationship.
This is hilarious. As a bisexual man, I'm actually actively avoiding relationships or sex of any description because I have more productive things I want to do with my life right now. I am attracted to both genders, how on earth is that greedy? Doesn't that also arbitrarily denote that "Heterosexual" males/females are merely being "modest" in their "sexual preference"?

This view is ******* comical, yet so common. Society is full of inbred hicks.
(edited 13 years ago)
EsStupido
Are they just selfish?

Heterosexual people get one choice, whilst bisexual people refuse to choose one way or the other and as a result can decide between either sex depending on how they feel.

Is this not just selfishness?

Discuss.

... Er, no?

I could argue that hetero/homosexuality was selfish. Heterosexual man is asked out by a man, and replies "no, I won't make you happy, because I ain't going out with a guy". Ooooh, selfishness.

In reality, neither position is selfish. But bisexuality you can't even make a bad argument for it being so. It's only as selfish as being intelligent or having good looks is.
Reply 12
Linweth
Wow, you make it out as if us bisexual people have no emotional attachment to a person and willing to go off with some random piece of arse that comes our way.

Are you trying to say you're not all like that?

Behave.
Reply 13
EsStupido
Are you trying to say you're not all like that?

Behave.

I can only speak for myself, but I think this claim of bisexuality being selfish is unfair.
Shiny Dirt
that'd be pretty selfish

Find me a person who thinks that?
some bisexuals are selfish. some straight people are selfish. some gay people are selfish.

sexuality doesn't indicate character traits. when will people understand this concept?
(edited 13 years ago)
EsStupido
Are they just selfish?

Heterosexual people get one choice, whilst bisexual people refuse to choose one way or the other and as a result can decide between either sex depending on how they feel.

Is this not just selfishness?

Discuss.

That's what being bisexual means. How the hell does it make you selfish?
You probably mean greedy, not selfish.

If they are, so what?
Reply 18
rajandkwameali
You probably mean greedy, not selfish.

If they are, so what?

Both tbf.

I don't think greed or selfishness are good traits, do you?
Reply 19
Bisexuals aren't fence-sitters who will one day have to 'choose'. A bisexual woman may marry a man and spend the rest of her life with him, but still be attracted to women, the same way a straight woman will still find other men attractive even if she settles down with one fella. One woman is not more likely to cheat than the other.

We don't choose a partner 'depending on how we feel', it's whether or not we like them. The only difference is that their gender is irrelevent. Why is that so difficult to understand?
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending