The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

They're almost as selfish as a fat man with an ice cream in Ethiopia. So yeah I guess that's pretty selfish...
Oh dear....

Question yourself on the fact why you seem to be preoccupied with people of bisexual persuasion.

Unless, of course, you yourself are.....
Reply 22
Idiot-Finder
Find me a person who thinks that?

Funny you should say that, but I'm bi myself and I'd be much more relaxed about my boyfriend 'cheating' on me with a guy than if it was with a girl... probably because a guy could do things that I, as a girl, couldn't, so I'd be more offended if I felt he had to go elsewhere to be with a girl.

I'd still be annoyed about it though. Just considerably less than the other way.

:p:
Isabobble
Funny you should say that, but I'm bi myself and I'd be much more relaxed about my boyfriend 'cheating' on me with a guy than if it was with a girl... probably because a guy could do things that I, as a girl, couldn't, so I'd be more offended if I felt he had to go elsewhere to be with a girl.

I'd still be annoyed about it though. Just considerably less than the other way.

:p:

Oh really? :holmes:
EsStupido
Are they just selfish?

Heterosexual people get one choice, whilst bisexual people refuse to choose one way or the other and as a result can decide between either sex depending on how they feel.

Is this not just selfishness?

Discuss.

Oh **** off. :rolleyes:

Can we just put away the pitchforks and torches, and stop treating bisexuals as some kind of weird, monstrous hybrid? Heterosexuals feel like we're going to steal 'all the fish in the sea', and homosexuals don't quite 'get' us. Yet, being bisexual is no different to being hetero- or homosexual. It's just we decide when it's okay to get involved with someone.

Personally, I'd rather be furthering romantic relationships with females right now. Conventionally, that would be a heterosexual relationship, however I am not averse to a bit of fun with the same sex, though I never take it into serious territory. In essence, I am about as much competition as any other heterosexual guy, and I'm not stealing any gay guys from the homosexual world...just having a bit of casual, drunken fun :wink: [[TMI, right?]]

Honestly, OP (and any others), why do you all feel so threatened by bisexuals?
Reply 25
CatatonicStupor
Oh **** off. :rolleyes:

Can we just put away the pitchforks and torches, and stop treating bisexuals as some kind of weird, monstrous hybrid? Heterosexuals feel like we're going to steal 'all the fish in the sea', and homosexuals don't quite 'get' us. Yet, being bisexual is no different to being hetero- or homosexual. It's just we decide when it's okay to get involved with someone.

Personally, I'd rather be furthering romantic relationships with females right now. Conventionally, that would be a heterosexual relationship, however I am not averse to a bit of fun with the same sex, though I never take it into serious territory. In essence, I am about as much competition as any other heterosexual guy, and I'm not stealing any gay guys from the homosexual world...just having a bit of casual, drunken fun :wink: [[TMI, right?]]

I don't. I just find your selfish attitude and greedy nature to be very strange.

Still, as long as someone else gets hurt, what do your kind care?
EsStupido
I don't. I just find your selfish attitude and greedy nature to be very strange.

You are officialy a prick that will obviously neither feel the moist chasm called "Vagine" nor the tight ecstacy of the "Rectus"
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 27
CatatonicStupor

Probably because they believe the stereotype - that we're all kinky, raging sluts that can't keep it in our trousers (or under our skirts, if you want to be ladylike).

I can honestly say that one night stands and threesomes have never appealed to me, and yet straight people do them all the time without being tarred with the nympho brush. I happen to prefer monogamy. I just don't mind whether it's with a male or female. How is it greed when I only want one person?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 28
ThinkingThoughts
You are officialy a prick that will obviously neither feel the moist chasm called "Vagine" nor the tight ecstacy of the "Rectus"

Bisexuals really are very touchy, aren't they.

Calm down princess.
I think the OPs in denial...
EsStupido

I've yet to meet a romantically/sexually greedy or selfish bisexual. In fact, what you may be thinking of is a polygamist. It's normal to get us mixed up, because y'know one has six or seven partners of varying ages; and the other could easily blend in to the homosexual or the heterosexual crowd without drawing too much fire.

"As long as someone else gets hurt" -- makes me think you've had a bad experience with a bisexual. Did your girlfriend leave you for another girl? Was there an awkward one-night of drunkenness which scarred you because you thought you could have been gay...? Honestly, we're exactly the same as heterosexual and homosexual people - you have one-night stands; some of you struggle to keep it in your pants etc etc

In the end, we're all humans, so just leave 'the other side' to their way of living and let it be...unless of course you have a run-in with a bisexual in a car park at night and it doesn't quite go the way you want it to... :rolleyes:
Reply 31
CatatonicStupor
I've yet to meet a romantically/sexually greedy or selfish bisexual. In fact, what you may be thinking of is a polygamist. It's normal to get us mixed up, because y'know one has six or seven partners of varying ages; and the other could easily blend in to the homosexual or the heterosexual crowd without drawing too much fire.

"As long as someone else gets hurt" -- makes me think you've had a bad experience with a bisexual. Did your girlfriend leave you for another girl? Was there an awkward one-night of drunkenness which scarred you because you thought you could have been gay...? Honestly, we're exactly the same as heterosexual and homosexual people - you have one-night stands; some of you struggle to keep it in your pants etc etc

In the end, we're all humans, so just leave 'the other side' to their way of living and let it be...unless of course you have a run-in with a bisexual in a car park at night and it doesn't quite go the way you want it to... :rolleyes:

Was that the best you could do? I pity you.

The old, "you're just jealous" or, "IT'S OBV U LOST A GIRL TO A BISEXUAL MAN LOLZ" was really the best you could come up with?

I have no problem with anyone's sexual desires, I am just interesting in trying to understand the workings of bisexual people. To me they are greedy and selfish and I've yet to see an argument to the contrary.
You useless ***** taking this seriously are just the ******* worst.
Reply 33
Kidding themselves?
Reply 34
:facepalm:

/thread.
It's not selfish in the slightest, you can't help who you have feelings for and it's not as if you can choose what sexuality you are.
Bisexual people are naturally attracted to both men and women. It's not something they choose, it's just the way they are.

OP, do you honestly think 'monosexuals' (heterosexuals and homosexuals, mainly - people only attracted to one gender) choose to only be attracted to their own gender or the opposite gender? Did you wake up one day and say "hey, I find everyone attractive but from now on I'm only going to have sex with women"?

Biphobia is as bad as racism and homophobia. People like you are the reason so many bisexuals are faced with bigotry and discrimination. People like you are the reason that some bisexuals are too scared to come out and feel they must live a lie and choose between presenting as straight or gay.

Of course, some people are promiscuous. Those people are straight, gay, bi, pan . . . any sexual orientation under the sun. Some people are polyamorous, and again that goes for straight, gay, bi, pan, asexuals . . . anyone. It's not true that bisexuals are more likely to want to cheat or have open relationships and it's not fair or OK to slap negative labels or generalizations on an entire demographic.
Reply 37
Idiot-Finder
Oh really? :holmes:

:ninja: no...

No, I would be less offended though, because there clearly is a difference (even if you count the various ways of making up for said differences :p:). I'd be SO MUCH more likely to accept an 'open' relationship where I was ok with him being with guys, than the other way round, which I can't really imagine at all. Maybe that's just me though haha.
Isabobble
:ninja: no...

No, I would be less offended though, because there clearly is a difference (even if you count the various ways of making up for said differences :p:). I'd be SO MUCH more likely to accept an 'open' relationship where I was ok with him being with guys, than the other way round, which I can't really imagine at all. Maybe that's just me though haha.

Thats so different to pretty much every girl I know haha, some of who would not date a guy who is bi for the reason they could be cheated on with a guy. Although if your bi yourself then that probably explains the difference in opinion :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
I don't really see how it's selfish.

Latest

Trending

Trending