The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You should probably have at least one backup uni, no?
Reply 2
If I don't get in a Uni I want to go to I'd rather do another year in college than spend 3 years at somewhere I don't want to be.
Am I likley to get offers from these AAB-ABB unis?
Reply 3
I think you would get offers from them :smile:, as long as your personal statement is good, your predicted grades already agree with what they want, so I can't see why not :smile:. I am thinking the same as you, if I don't get into the uni's I love I'm just going to retake a year and make sure I get offers the next year :P.
Reply 4
pete.mcfc
If I don't get in a Uni I want to go to I'd rather do another year in college than spend 3 years at somewhere I don't want to be.
Am I likley to get offers from these AAB-ABB unis?

I think you just answered your own question.

And I share your view by the way.
pete.mcfc
Hi, just looking for advice on the universities I've picked:
York, Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool, Leicester - for Economics.

AS grades: Economics A, Maths B, History B, Drama C.
Predicted: Economics A*, History A, Maths B.

I think you will have a good chance with these. With the Maths, can you resit any earlier modules towards the end of your A2 year, because thats a strategy when you are a far better mathematician, that can get you extra marks in the bank and push that up to an A. But I think if you are an A* economist that you will have a good chance with these unis.
Reply 6
Thanks everyone :smile:
MagicNMedicine
I think you will have a good chance with these. With the Maths, can you resit any earlier modules towards the end of your A2 year, because thats a strategy when you are a far better mathematician, that can get you extra marks in the bank and push that up to an A. But I think if you are an A* economist that you will have a good chance with these unis.

Yep that's the plan, I think I could ace C1 and S1 now and hopefully come out with an A in maths.

danny111
I think you just answered your own question.

And I share your view by the way.

I don't think I answered my question? Sorry if I was confusing :smile:

The reason I'm unsure if I'll get offers (especially from the AAB universities like York) is because I didn't actually achieve these grades at AS Level.
Reply 7
pete.mcfc
Thanks everyone :smile:

Yep that's the plan, I think I could ace C1 and S1 now and hopefully come out with an A in maths.

I don't think I answered my question? Sorry if I was confusing :smile:

The reason I'm unsure if I'll get offers (especially from the AAB universities like York) is because I didn't actually achieve these grades at AS Level.

You asked if those unis are too risky.

You said you would not want to go to a uni that you don't like.

Hence apply to those that you want, no matter how risky, if you would take a year out anyway if you didn't get those.
Reply 8
danny111
You asked if those unis are too risky.

You said you would not want to go to a uni that you don't like.

Hence apply to those that you want, no matter how risky, if you would take a year out anyway if you didn't get those.

ahh yeah. I suppose I was just wondering what people thought the chances I actually would end up doing an extra tear in college were :smile:
Reply 9
I'm just surprised by how many of you would choose spending one year outside university than going to one they dislike:biggrin:.
I agree with you!
mike_mike
I'm just surprised by how many of you would choose spending one year outside university than going to one they dislike:biggrin:.
I agree with you!

People generally don't ask for their own lives to be more miserable than they have to be, especially in the short term, if in the long term they will probably end up in similar places anyway :rolleyes:

There is also a sense of pride and dignity involved :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending