The Student Room Group

Urgent Help: Doing A Level While At Uni?

I did horrible in my A/S level Business and it has always bothered me.

I have found the course. It is taught part time in the evening so it doesn't look like it would affect my uni studies...

What I want to know is whether this would be ok? Does studying a one day a week evening a/s level affect ones degree studies?

The college which offers this course is "Ealing, Hammersmith and West London college" (yes they are a three location college in one) :biggrin:

http://www.wlc.ac.uk

Is this a good college?

If I enrol now, have i missed too much of the course already?

Please help.
Reply 1
To be honest I don't see how it will affect you. If you are hard-working and determined you can mange both. However, if you're struggling and I mean not getting top grades or above average on your assignment I would say no.

Good luck. quote me and let me know what you decided :smile:
Reply 2
Why are you doing it?
Reply 3
her
To be honest I don't see how it will affect you. If you are hard-working and determined you can mange both. However, if you're struggling and I mean not getting top grades or above average on your assignment I would say no.

Good luck. quote me and let me know what you decided :smile:

Thanks for your advice...

I want to enrol on the course but I wonder whether I've missed too much of the term to catch up and whether I should just enroll next year?

I will have to pay over £300 for the course and I don't want it to go to waste, simply because I was playing catch up for most of the year.

I'm probably being mellow dramatic as I'm currently doing a business management BSc

I also wonder whether the college is any good or whether teaching quality matters when it comes to evening classes?

I will e-mail the school with my concerns and see what they say. I will also keep you posted on my final decision

Thanks again. :smile:

Ice_Queen
Why are you doing it?

1. Because I only did the A/S and I did badly in that... So redemption.

2. Always wanted the full A Level (Plan is to complete the A2 the following year.

3. I need more UCAS points so that I can apply for all the top graduate schemes.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Veedee

1. Because I only did the A/S and I did badly in that... So redemption.

2. Always wanted the full A Level (Plan is to complete the A2 the following year.

3. I need more UCAS points so that I can apply for all the top graduate schemes.

Surely it's better to redeem it with a good degree?

And the top grad schemes often require the points within two years, depending on where you're appying anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending