The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi, sorry, I have another question regarding the bursaries. When do they get paid? I thought I had read elsewhere that bursaries are paid by the University (pending entitlement) in February?! Thanks, again.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by 2K11
Hi, sorry, I have another question regarding the bursaries. When do they get paid? I thought I had read elsewhere that bursaries are paid by the University (pending entitlement) in February?! Thanks, again.

I had a letter saying as long as I fulfil the criteria mine will be paid in December.

Original post by 2K11

Bursary is a one off payment in December, Scholarships are paid in two equal installments in December and February :smile:
Reply 43
Regarding registration, is there any deadline that it needs to be done by?

I know we have the official registration on the 26th, but if needs be could I do the on-line registration on the 25th?

I am going to be out of the country for 3 weeks and it is unlikely I will be able to do it until I am back from the 23rd onwards...
Reply 44
Original post by Riley26
Regarding registration, is there any deadline that it needs to be done by?

I know we have the official registration on the 26th, but if needs be could I do the on-line registration on the 25th?

I am going to be out of the country for 3 weeks and it is unlikely I will be able to do it until I am back from the 23rd onwards...

Probably not a good idea since the details for your Campus card need to be filled in at least a week before you go to allow them to process it all.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Reply 45
Original post by km100
I did biological sciences at UEA - so any questions, just ask away :smile:

Hi, could you answer questions on this this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1749922

cheers :biggrin:
Reply 46
Hi, again! I wondered if you could give me a good approximate figure on the average spend in Freshers' week? I was told £700 last week................is this realistic?? I was thinking more £300 tops, not including £200 bus pass, £300 purely on tickets, eating, going-out etc etc, maybe to join societies too :dontknow: Thanks, again.
Reply 47
How many weeks in the academic year btw?
Original post by Jakelee

Original post by Jakelee

I have no idea for a "normal" course tbh. Best thing to do would be to find the academic year dates (they're on the UEA website) and work it out that way. Sorry! :o:

Original post by 2K11
Hi, again! I wondered if you could give me a good approximate figure on the average spend in Freshers' week? I was told £700 last week................is this realistic?? I was thinking more £300 tops, not including £200 bus pass, £300 purely on tickets, eating, going-out etc etc, maybe to join societies too :dontknow: Thanks, again.

Yeah I think 700 is way too much. Imagine spending that in a week!? :eek: I think most people on here said £150-£200? I didn't really get that involved in freshers, and I don't drink, so my expenditure was about £20 :teehee:
Reply 49
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Yeah I think 700 is way too much. Imagine spending that in a week!? :eek: I think most people on here said £150-£200? I didn't really get that involved in freshers, and I don't drink, so my expenditure was about £20 :teehee:

lolol! Thanks a lot. The daughter of my colleague just said she spent £800 in the first week. Holllllyyyyy cow. I'm happy with £200, thank you for putting my mind at ease!:smile::smile:

Original post by 2K11
lolol! Thanks a lot. The daughter of my colleague just said she spent £800 in the first week. Holllllyyyyy cow. I'm happy with £200, thank you for putting my mind at ease!:smile::smile:

To be honest, it's up to you how much you spend - after all it's your money! Some people I'm sure will spend £800, others will spend similar amounts to me :dontknow:

Although I've never spent that much in a month let alone a week :afraid:
Original post by Jakelee

For a 'normal' course, it's two 12 week terms followed by a 6 week exam period. Four weeks holiday at Christmas, and it used to be four weeks at Easter as well but from the calendar it looks like we only get three this year :frown: Sometimes the term crosses over the Easter holiday depending on when Easter is, so like in my first year after Christmas we had 10 weeks, then a four week holiday, then two weeks, then the six weeks of exams, but last year it was just 12 weeks after Christmas then the holiday then straight into the exam period.
(edited 12 years ago)
To be honest, it's up to you how much you spend - after all it's your money! Some people I'm sure will spend £800, others will spend similar amounts to me :dontknow:

Although I've never spent that much in a month let alone a week :afraid:

I'm not even sure what you would find to spend that kind of money on!
Reply 53
Original post by UEAAccommodation
I'm not even sure what you would find to spend that kind of money on!

Champagne??? I feel a lot better now anyway, I don't have that kind of money to spend in the first week, but, having said that, I would probably find the money from somewhere if I needed to --- don't want to isolate myself in the first week :colondollar:
Reply 54
Hey!
I really want to apply to UEA for Pharmacy. I was just wondering how far is from the campus to London?! and also the prices to get there?! Thanks!
Original post by danyaaaaa

Original post by danyaaaaa
Hey!
I really want to apply to UEA for Pharmacy. I was just wondering how far is from the campus to London?! and also the prices to get there?! Thanks!

From London Liverpool I think it's an hour and half train journey, and it costs me £12 single with a railcard, booking in advance. I assume you mean getting home during the holidays rather than commuting!
From London Liverpool I think it's an hour and half train journey, and it costs me £12 single with a railcard, booking in advance. I assume you mean getting home during the holidays rather than commuting!

Its actually 1hr 50mins to 2hours depending on how many stops the train makes and if you go off peak its £5.50-£7.50 for a single.
I miss student railcards. Make the most of them while you can. It gets lot more expensive to travel about when you can't get them anymore!
Original post by jelly1000

Original post by jelly1000
if you go off peak its £5.50-£7.50 for a single.

:facepalm: Of course. I was including the ticket to get out of London (and home!) as well :colondollar:

And yeah I guestimated the length of the train as well :o:
Reply 59
Hi,

Do the rooms have cork boards in them, or will I have to bring my own? I'm in UV if that make a difference. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending