The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Hi folks, does anybody know if the UEA has lockers available for students that commute daily? Cheers
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 101
Hmm.. does anyone know why the Christmas and Easter holidays appear to have been shortened to 3 weeks instead of 4?

For the 2012-13 year, they are both 3 weeks, and also 3 weeks long this Easter (2011-12)

:confused:
Reply 102
Original post by howzatt
Hi folks, does anybody know if the UEA has lockers available for students that commute daily? Cheers

What school are you in? CMP have some down near the labs.
Reply 103
Original post by Jake2000
Hmm.. does anyone know why the Christmas and Easter holidays appear to have been shortened to 3 weeks instead of 4?

For the 2012-13 year, they are both 3 weeks, and also 3 weeks long this Easter (2011-12)

:confused:

They're still four weeks, it says so here.

You might have been looking at the PGCE dates?
Reply 104
Original post by BethanW
They're still four weeks, it says so here.

You might have been looking at the PGCE dates?

Where abouts?

For 2011-12 I see "(Easter break 31 March to 22 April)"

2012-13

"(Christmas break 15 December to 6 January)"
"(Easter break 23 March to 14 April)"

Am I looking at the wrong ones?
Reply 105
Original post by Jake2000
Where abouts?

For 2011-12 I see "(Easter break 31 March to 22 April)"

2012-13

"(Christmas break 15 December to 6 January)"
"(Easter break 23 March to 14 April)"

Am I looking at the wrong ones?

Sorry, I misread your post! I thought you were talking about this year. I've no idea what's up with that, how strange :s-smilie:
What is it with UEA and abbreviations(or is it acronyms? :colondollar:)?lol

Does anyone know what these stand for/where they are, please?

'TPSC LT'
'DRA 0.01'
'EFRY 01.05'
'C.HALL 01.19'
Reply 107
Original post by makingamemory

'TPSC LT'
'DRA 0.01'
'EFRY 01.05'
'C.HALL 01.19'

TPSC = Thomas Paine Study Centre

EFRY = Elizabeth Fry Building

(Presumably) :biggrin:

I'm not a student there, I've just visited many times. :ahee:
Original post by Joseppea
TPSC = Thomas Paine Study Centre

EFRY = Elizabeth Fry Building

(Presumably) :biggrin:

I'm not a student there, I've just visited many times. :ahee:

Thanks haha
Can't find the TPSC on the map :colondollar: LOL I swear there hasn't be one place I have had to go this week that I have known where it is...apart from the LCR.
Reply 109
Thanks haha
Can't find the TPSC on the map :colondollar: LOL I swear there hasn't be one place I have had to go this week that I have known where it is...apart from the LCR.

TPSC is right next to the medical school, and sort of opposite the Elizabeth Fry Building. It's got a bright orange/red bit painted on the side (If memory serves me right)

Those are the only 3 buildings I know the location of at the UEA :colondollar:
Anyone for le open day on Saturday?! :biggrin:
Reply 111

'TPSC LT'
'DRA 0.01'
'EFRY 01.05'
'C.HALL 01.19'

TPSC is the Thomas Payne lecture theatre - it's right down the back of campus behind the science blocks. You'll know it when you see it, it's new and fancy and the lecture theatre is really easy to find once you're inside.

EFRY is the Elizabeth Fry building, which is opposite TP and also quite new. It's got big glass doors. 01.05 means you'll be on the floor below the entrance floor in room 05.

C.Hall is congregation hall, which is the building next to the drama studio, opposite the LCR right on the edge of campus near the bus stop. You want to go down a floor when you get in and head for room 19.

I'm going to take a wild guess that DRA is the drama studio, because I've never seen it used before and I know most of the other acronyms.

Hope that helps!

'TPSC LT'
'DRA 0.01'
'EFRY 01.05'
'C.HALL 01.19'

Directions from the square for Thomas Paine:

To get to Thomas Paine you need to head towards the Arts building- (just off the square)- turn left onto the concrete walkway, follow that all the way to the end and down the steps- you'll come out on a path by the Sainsbury centre. Follow the path underneath Constable Terrace, you should come out opposite the medical centre, and Thomas Paine is next to that.
Original post by BethanW

Original post by BethanW
I'm going to take a wild guess that DRA is the drama studio, because I've never seen it used before and I know most of the other acronyms.

It is. And it's an awful place for lectures. Last year I spent every Monday in there :sadnod:
Reply 114
Original post by jelly1000

To get to Thomas Paine you need to head towards the Arts building- (just off the square)- turn left onto the concrete walkway, follow that all the way to the end and down the steps- you'll come out on a path by the Sainsbury centre. Follow the path underneath Constable Terrace, you should come out opposite the medical centre, and Thomas Paine is next to that.

I used to find it quicker to go down the steps to the mail room, straight past it and through the little carpark and then turn left and walk down that road, which is the one that TP is on. If you go to the Sainsburys Centre you're basically walking one huge loop of campus.

Just my two cents, though!
Original post by BethanW
I used to find it quicker to go down the steps to the mail room, straight past it and through the little carpark and then turn left and walk down that road, which is the one that TP is on. If you go to the Sainsburys Centre you're basically walking one huge loop of campus.

Ah see I haven't found the mail room yet, so I wouldn't know how to go that way.
Reply 116
Ah see I haven't found the mail room yet, so I wouldn't know how to go that way.

It's undeneath the ARTS building :smile: If you go to the entrance of ARTS 2 and turn left, you'll see a flight of stairs going down. That's the post room!
Original post by BethanW
It's undeneath the ARTS building :smile: If you go to the entrance of ARTS 2 and turn left, you'll see a flight of stairs going down. That's the post room!

Ah yes I found it today.
Original post by Joseppea
TPSC is right next to the medical school, and sort of opposite the Elizabeth Fry Building. It's got a bright orange/red bit painted on the side (If memory serves me right)

Those are the only 3 buildings I know the location of at the UEA :colondollar:

Original post by BethanW
TPSC is the Thomas Payne lecture theatre - it's right down the back of campus behind the science blocks. You'll know it when you see it, it's new and fancy and the lecture theatre is really easy to find once you're inside.

EFRY is the Elizabeth Fry building, which is opposite TP and also quite new. It's got big glass doors. 01.05 means you'll be on the floor below the entrance floor in room 05.

C.Hall is congregation hall, which is the building next to the drama studio, opposite the LCR right on the edge of campus near the bus stop. You want to go down a floor when you get in and head for room 19.

Hope that helps!

Original post by BethanW

Does the pathway from the post room lead to chancellors drive too? As I'm coming from the village it'll be easier to me to just carry on down it instead of going around the ARTS block.

Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
It is. And it's an awful place for lectures. Last year I spent every Monday in there :sadnod:

Phew I was thinking, I'm a SCI student! Drama studio?! lol

I love you guys :smile: thank you!! Think I'll use my Sunday to just go around a quickly find them because I always give myself less than 10mins to get to where ever and luckily Ive been able to find it easily. Saw C.Hall whilst on the coach today.

As I'm coming from the village it'll be easier to me to just carry on down it instead of going around the ARTS block.

If you're coming from the village then do that :yep: It will be on your right and it has a sign outside of it at the moment saying it's the TPSC :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending