The Student Room Group

Recommend me a course?!!

Hi, I have been looking at many courses to do at uni and I am in the second year of my A-Levels, at AS I got:

B - Physics
C - Maths
D - Economics
D - Law (dropped)

and I am interested in engineering related courses, the trouble is I do not really know what to do, first I was looking at aeronautical engineering but I noticed my options were limited and it was a bit of a small field to get in to, then I looked into mechanical engineering and it noticed that it looked like it was not hands on enough to me, I don’t really know enough about physics at university level to make a decision on it, I live in west London, very very close to Brunel and would prefer to stay in London and as you can see my grades were not the best, but I think I can get maths up to a B in January as I was on 200/300UMS so it’s not a really big jump to make, and I got a C and E in economics so hopefully a resit will push that up but my grades weren’t the best :frown:

So back on topic is there any courses that anyone recommend to offer me that will offer good job opportunities and wont be 100% calculus or theoretical.

THANKS A MILLION to anyone who can help me.
(edited 13 years ago)
think with your guts and not your future job opportunities. do what YOU want to do.
if aeronatical engineering was your first instinct, then so be it.
Queen Mary does Aerospace Engineering with a foundation year. I am not too sure about the entry requirements, but your AS grades may be sufficient. Check out their website.

Latest