The Student Room Group

The Kite Runner - English Literature AS - Chapter 1 - A02

Hello everyone, we are reading The Kite Runner for english literature currentley for AS, and as part of our first essay, told to do A02 for chapter 1 of the kite runner.

I was very pleased with my essay as i handed it in, but just checked my marks and I got an 'E'.

Is there any advice you can give me on how i can push my mark upwards because I want to re-write it.

My teacher said I have identified the AO2 but not explained it through PEE.

Thank you x
If you haven't explained it then that will be your major downfall. Make sure you are relating every paragraph/point to the question and analyse everything rather than just picking out the quotes and sticking them in. Although it sounds incredibly difficult to ''A02 a chapter'' as a question :/
Reply 2
I'm doing as english literature also..we were given the essay you did do do in class and the essay we were given to do is chapter 2.

I got an A :smile:

We were told do not just list but to group and then make a judgement on that. Looking at my notes you could use the ideas of juxtaposition (contrast of settings), eponymous references, embedded narratives, use of time, inrigue/mystery, also the chapter starts begins with a nameless protagonist...

Good luck and don't give up! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending