The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You rebel! Its a slippery slope.... library book one day, Brinks Matt gold bullion the next!!
Teveth
I've only just realised what I've done!

1. Why didn't the alarm sound as I walked out?

2. What shall I do?

3. Might the alarm sound when I enter the library with the book to take it back?

congratulations...you just got a free book? :dontknow:
Reply 22
Barden
congratulations...you just got a free book? :dontknow:

But, once they realise that it is missing, mightn't they have a check of the CCTV?
Reply 23
Teveth
Okay, thanks guys.

I've decided to go back to the library later on this afternoon to take the book back, along with a box of chocolates and flowers to give to the librarians as a way of apology.

Well, if you want the librarians to think you're a complete weirdo, that's definitely the way forward...:wink:

Seriously, just return it and apologise about the mistake. No-one will accuse you of anything, because there was no actual harm done (yet). They'll pobably just be glad that you took it back straight away instead of holding on to it and preventing other people from using it.
Reply 24
You rebel!

What's next, selling crack to nuns?
Reply 25
I dont know why you are so worried, if I were you I would just take it back and apologise for my mistake. There not gonna cal the police on you it was just a mistake. TBH I think they would probably thank you for bringing the book back.
Ok first of all you need to get off the internet before they trace you, grab all the money you have and food for a few days. I recommend fleeing to Mexico but failing that just run, anywhere for now, just away from the library. Do not trust ANYONE, even people you used to trust. Nowhere is truly safe so keep moving. If you have to sleep rough then you'll have to otherwise they can trace check-ins at hotels/hostels or whatever.

As for the book you took, burn it, then feed the ashes to your dog. Then burn the dog. Then throw the dog-ash into the nearest river. Under NO curcustances let them take the book in one piece.

If you want to get through this you're going to need a weapon of some sort, remember the police will be armed and instructed to shoot on sight and they can trace you if you buy one legally (assuming you're even able to) so I recommend just carrying a knife and stealing a rifle from someone, you'll have at least 50-60 armed police after you if they manage to locate you, but even so, don't go down without a fight. I doubt you have my rambo-like knife skills but do your best. Just think of your loved ones and get the hell out of here.

Godspeed.
You are a NINJA!
Oh dear - there's a minimum five year sentence for accidentally taking a book from a uni library... :s-smilie:

Best be stealthy. Here's what I'd do to ensure minimum suspicion: Don a large black coat, in which I can sew a large pocket to hold the book in (so that my walk isn't abnormal as I try and keep the book in place.) I'd include a lead lining in this pocket, so that the detector wouldn't sense the book. Also, wear a hat; not a balaclava, just a normal hat that can obscure your face in shadow.

As I entered the library, I would head away from the main desk, otherwise the attention of the librarians might be caught. Keeping close to the wall, I would march smartly, quickly, but casually, towards a point that was out of the sight of the main desk. I wouldn't use a drop-off point, because when checking it in they would notice that it hadn't been checked out, and might investigate - instead, I'd choose a table or desk near a computer.

Making sure there were no library staff walking around the vicinity, drop the book casually onto the table/desk/whatever you have chosen ... and not return to the scene for at least a year.
ebay
Reply 30
Read it; give it back. Jesus...
BAD MAN! :awesome:
Reply 32
One time I walked outta my library with a book but I must of not heard the alarm cause I had my earphones on. Then later on, I went back to the library and the alarm went. I was so confused :s-smilie:
Ooh, you rebel.
Reply 34
Teveth
I think you'll find that Mr Brown was acclaimed the world over for his remarkable handling of the global financial crisis, and for his economic leadership. We have him, and Labour, to thank for the fact that we didn't enter into a depression.

But thanks for your post, anyway...

I do remember... " I saved the world..." :wink:.
oh my god!!! i hear accidental book taking comes with a mandatory life sentence.
note how i didn't use the world theft. theft requires intention. :fyi:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 36
If your that concerned leave it on the floor infront of the beeping gates....
Dannyx90
Walk back in with it, check it out, take it home again.

Exactly this.

Stop being such a faggot-ass pussyole.
Teveth
Okay, thanks guys.

I've decided to go back to the library later on this afternoon to take the book back, along with a box of chocolates and flowers to give to the librarians as a way of apology.

Christ, I hope you don't/didn't do that. That's way over the top for a tiny error, they will think you are some kind of escaped lunatic. :lolwut:
Stop being ******* retarded. Why is it that people ask TSR about this kind of ****? Call the library and explain, or, just take the ******* book back and say sorry. Jesus.

Latest

Trending

Trending