The Student Room Group

CONFUSED student

I'm ridiculously confused on what I should do.

I found out a couple of weeks ago that I had failed the first year of my Psychology degree due to being 1.5% of the 40% pass mark on one module and failing to hand in an assignment and therefore only scoring 30% in another module.

The University told me at first that I had to withdraw from the course but I appealed and they decided to give me another chance. Now I have to resit those 2 modules with attendance this year and can't get onto my second year till September 2011.

The thing is I really don't want to be doing Psychology. The only reason I'm doing it is so I can get into Advertising. If it was up to me I'd be doing a degree in Advertising at a University far far away from my home town.

Could anyone please be kind enough as to advise me on what I should do. My family want me to redo the modules and carry on with Psychology. They seem to think that a job in Advertising isn't wholesome for an Asian girl and perhaps something along the lines of Social Care or Nursing would be more suited for me (personally, I'd rather stick pins in my eye). I however want to redo the modules and then go to another University and do Advertising.

I'm hesitant to follow through on my own plans because I don't have the best A Levels (260 ucas points) and what University is going to want a student that failed her first year?

A Level results
Psychology: B
Media Studies: C
Sociology: C

Someone please help.
Reply 1
insomniac115
I'm ridiculously confused on what I should do.

I found out a couple of weeks ago that I had failed the first year of my Psychology degree due to being 1.5% of the 40% pass mark on one module and failing to hand in an assignment and therefore only scoring 30% in another module.

The University told me at first that I had to withdraw from the course but I appealed and they decided to give me another chance. Now I have to resit those 2 modules with attendance this year and can't get onto my second year till September 2011.

The thing is I really don't want to be doing Psychology. The only reason I'm doing it is so I can get into Advertising. If it was up to me I'd be doing a degree in Advertising at a University far far away from my home town.

Could anyone please be kind enough as to advise me on what I should do. My family want me to redo the modules and carry on with Psychology. They seem to think that a job in Advertising isn't wholesome for an Asian girl and perhaps something along the lines of Social Care or Nursing would be more suited for me (personally, I'd rather stick pins in my eye). I however want to redo the modules and then go to another University and do Advertising.

I'm hesitant to follow through on my own plans because I don't have the best A Levels (260 ucas points) and what University is going to want a student that failed her first year?

A Level results
Psychology: B
Media Studies: C
Sociology: C

Someone please help.

your screwed =[On the plus side there is sure to be a university that accepts you, portsmouth want BCC for my course so i am applying there. I'm sure that it isnt the only university that does them grades

Latest

Trending

Trending