The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Drop History.
OM93
Hi,

I'm currently studying chemistry, biology, maths, physics and history at AS but I want to drop one subject. Is physics valued higher than history for an application to study medicine at universities such as Cambridge, Imperial and Edinburgh?

Thanks.

drop history...not physics...
Reply 3
No need to drop history over physics.

Drop the one you least enjoy.
(edited 13 years ago)
OM93
Hi,

I'm currently studying chemistry, biology, maths, physics and history at AS but I want to drop one subject. Is physics valued higher than history for an application to study medicine at universities such as Cambridge, Imperial and Edinburgh?

Thanks.

I'll give you 10 seconds before a mod puts this in a superthread
Reply 5
OM93
Hi,

Thanks.

Generally, all they'll be looking for is Chemistry, and some look for Biology as well. History and Physics are both valued equally, though do remember Chemistry is applied Physics, so it'll probably be more useful especially since many others would be applying with Four Sciences/Maths, but History may make you stand out due to its essay-based structure. Ask your teachers for advice, but drop whichever you find hardest/least enjoyable.

Latest