The Student Room Group

Want Personal Statement Feedback?

Hi,

I totally forgot I had a TSR account otherwise I would have posted this earlier!

If anyone would like me to read through their PS, I'm more than happy to. I was unlucky not to get into vet last year, so I'm taking a gap year and aiming to get into a vet uni abroad. I bugged all of the admissions tutors at the vet unis where I applied to last year until I got feedback on why I was unsuccessful, so I know what to look out for :smile:

Just send me a PM or quote me if you want me to read through your PS, I know how difficult it is to get into vet so I'm more than willing to help you guys get in :smile: Plus, like I said, I'm on a gap year, so I don't have much to do atm while I'm only working part time - may as well do something worthwhile while I'm waiting to hear back from foreign unis! :biggrin:

Cal
(edited 13 years ago)
Do you really think we're that naive?
Where do I send it?
LULZ.

:awesome:

Okay.
Reply 4
There's something fishy here ... :ahee:
Reply 5
spacepirate-James
LULZ.

:awesome:

Okay.

This.
Reply 6
pinda.college
Do you really think we're that naive?

Sounds like you are. I don't see the point in lying though, nor do I see anyone else complaining. Personally I'm just glad if I can help people get in because I know how much of a bugger it is to get in - Glasgow had 900 applications for 72 places last year, and I'm pretty sure, if the number of places hasn't changed this year, that it'll be the same again this year. As for my UCAS Track screen - 4 "Unsuccessful"s and 1 Unconditional Offer for Microbiology at the Uni of Dundee, Sept 2011 entry. Happy?
Even though I think it's unlikely you're going to be stealing peoples' personal statements, consider the fact that even if you were, the only people who would send you theirs would be the stupid gullible people.

Hardly worth it in my opinion.

Like I said, even though I think your heart is in the right place, the personal statement forum exists for a reason. I doubt you'll have many takers.
TSR already has a dedicated personal statement checking service for a reason.
why not just post what too look out for....
Reply 10
Jesus! I just thought I'd try to help out, sorry if it's causing so much grief that you all have to be like that. As much as I'd love to reapply for vet, I simply don't have grades good enough to reapply without resitting. Forget I ever started this.
Reply 11
People are strongly advised to use the PS Help section of this forum rather than contacting individuals due to a number of incidents that have already happened this year as a result of trying to find help outside of PS Help.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending