The Student Room Group

Re-applying to University after having to drop out. Need help on Personal Statement.

Hi there,

I am currently applying for university for 2011/2012.

I am interested to know what my personal statement should cotnain as i was at the University of Birmingham studying law for two years.

I did not do the 2nd year exams because i was working 40 hours a week and my mum and dad got made redundant so i didn't have alot of expendable income, combine this with debts from the first year and I had baliffs at my door and was struggling to pay the rent.

I gained a Certificate of higher education and was just wondering what i should contain in my Personal Statement, do I discuss my previous univeristy experience.

I have a brief draft that i have made if anyone would like to read it.

Thanks for your help guys :smile:
Reply 1
Jon_Goodwin
Hi there,

I am currently applying for university for 2011/2012.

I am interested to know what my personal statement should cotnain as i was at the University of Birmingham studying law for two years.

I did not do the 2nd year exams because i was working 40 hours a week and my mum and dad got made redundant so i didn't have alot of expendable income, combine this with debts from the first year and I had baliffs at my door and was struggling to pay the rent.

I gained a Certificate of higher education and was just wondering what i should contain in my Personal Statement, do I discuss my previous univeristy experience.

I have a brief draft that i have made if anyone would like to read it.

Thanks for your help guys :smile:
You can post a draft in the PS Help forum (see the homepage for the link) and someone will take a look at it for you. Whatever you do, don't post anything in open forum as the UCAS plagiarism checker will find it. The PS Help forum is safe because access is restricted.

You'll have to enter your CertHE and that you were at Birmingham on your UCAS anyway, so you should say something in your PS about why you didn't complete the course - but expressed positively, in the context of explaining that you've got your life back on track again.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
thanks so much for your help :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending