The Student Room Group

predicted grades...

I have been looking at what people got at AS level and what they have been predicted and it seems crazy that someone who got a B at AS level would get predicted an A* at A2?! My school predicts you the grade you achieved at AS level as realistically you won't go any higher, having got an 3 A's at AS levels im predicted 3 A's, It seems unfair that people get predicted 2 grades above what they achieved at as level?
No because most exams are module based. Maybe that person got a high A but a low D in one exam which averaged to a B. This suggests they had a "bad day" and are capable of achieving an A*.

Also your school is strange, what are they going to do if people are applying for courses that require an A*?
(edited 13 years ago)
my school base predicted grades on as levels as well, just ask them to up it
Reply 3
But for some subjects like history, you can't get an A* if you do resits...I don't know I thought a lot of schools did it so students wouldn't get offers from unis they couldn't get the grades to get into
emma237
But for some subjects like history, you can't get an A* if you do resits...I don't know I thought a lot of schools did it so students wouldn't get offers from unis they couldn't get the grades to get into

Im predicted an A* even though im resting one module in history.

Latest