The Student Room Group

Nursing Term Times

Hey Everyone,
Before anyone tells me to look this up, I have, EVERYWHERE, and i'm still confused as noone seems to clear the issue up completely.

Could someone pleasepleaseplease clear up for me what the term dates are for anyone starting nursing courses start between January 2011 and April 2011?

Basically, I am aware that Nurses in the first year only get between 4-7 weeks off, but if i am stating late...when do i get these weeks off? Do i get some off at summer? or am i still studying through summer until some other time?

SOOOO confused, i will appreciate any help.
Top choices are Nottingham and UEA, if that helps? The websites however didn't say anything.

Thankkkkkkkkssss x
Reply 1
Generally you still get your time off at Christmas, Easter and Summer. When exactly, I can't say for sure though, but generally, a couple of weeks off in the summer and at Christmas is pretty normal AFAIK.
spring start is NOT starting late you r academic years run from the spring start date through to the next spring

often your leave periods will coincide with common holiday periods - remembering that in the typical university summer vacation of 12 weeks there may be 3 different summer holidays for HCP students
your school year is just different, in that instead of September to September it is for example, April to April... Each school has different holidays, so it will depend on what they have decided.
Reply 4
cheers for clearing that up for me guys =)

Latest