The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Interaction? On buses? With the bus driver of all people? :facepalm:

Lol - in London this just doesn't happen. Thank God for Oyster. :p:
Reply 21
Fragile_Illusions
I say: 'Child single to __'
I think I should start admitting to being an adult soon...

Saaaaaaame!
Back at home you should stop getting child tickets at 16... I'm now 18 and I stil get child tickets :p:

Over here at uni though I obviously get student tickets.... So I suppose I have accepted I am no longer a child :p:
Reply 22
"Half t'town please"
Reply 23
90p?!?!?! 95p?!?!? i feel like i've been scammed!!
my bus ride is £1.70 and its not THAT long!

oh and i say "£1.70, cheers" or sometimes "£1.20" if its a real short journey.

i used to just say "town please" but found some drivers didnt know where that was i guess... they seemed confused.
Reply 24
I ******* hate flat tyres...
I say "one to town please"
Or "one to (my school) please"
or "day ticket please!
because I can never remember the fares... (mourning death of under 16s card) although it's usually about 2 quid. or £3.40 for a return. I'm going to bankrupt myself
or if it's a weekend and I'm pretending to be a child just "seventy please"..
well versed in bus etiquette
(edited 13 years ago)
"Single to X please"
Although, now at uni. Just show them my pass.

And in London, scan the oyster.
In Edinburgh it's a flat fare to anywhere. So rather depressingly it's flinging in my £1.20, tearing off my ticket and just sitting down on my ass.
Adult single (please)
Adult return (please)
Reply 29
Get a better job you uncultured prole. Then I jump in my car and drive off.

:h:
Reply 30
Ok well from what I know in Aberdeen people say 'a half to...' for child I think so I'll keep to that. It's 1 pound for child, even though I'm 17... I always get child fare :s-smilie:

Thanks for all the answers!
Reply 31
before 18 it was 40p please but now im 18 it's either ''can i have 8 pound weekly rider please?'' rest of week i'll just show them that. :smile:
and getting off the bus ill say thanks or thankyou, but if the busdriver did something to annoy me like, not let a pram on when there was only people sat there, they could have moved! etc.
Bektas
In London there is never any interaction between the driver and passenger. All you hear is 'beep', 'beep' then theres always one oyster that fails, then the person searches frantically through her/his bag. I find it amusing. My life is average.

Same here, lol
Just buy a bus pass then you don't have to say anything! But find out how much a child fare is and just say 90p please for example its a standard fair to where ever your going so you don't even have to say the place!
Reply 34
hello?
Reply 35
"40 please" nice and simple.
Reply 36
PhilosophyIsMyGame
Just buy a bus pass then you don't have to say anything! But find out how much a child fare is and just say 90p please for example its a standard fair to where ever your going so you don't even have to say the place!

Yep, I think I might get one if I'm going to be going on the bus all the time.

Thanks for the advice =)
Oi oi drive' citi centre please!
Hi, can I have a child single/return to "x"
I live in a village called 'Pity Me,' so I always say 'Pity me please,' to the amusement oif every driver... ¬_¬

Latest

Trending

Trending