The Student Room Group

Access to HE advice/information?

Hey hey!

I am DEFINATELY going to be doing this next year, I don't really understand what I have to pick for the course though, there is a Media + Journalism access course in one of my local colleges which is the one I plan to do, but (this will make me sound REALLY thick by the way) what comes with it? I don't really understand, is it just Media and Journalism i'd be studying or is there more I need to choose to study along with it?

Thanks for reading this guys :-)
Reply 1
media and journalism sound like a pathway and within that youll have many subjects related to media and journalism. its best to phone the college your planing to do this with and ask them what a typical timetable for this looks like. you will also have the option of doing GCSE's in maths,science, or english alongside your access course.
Reply 2
isabelleee
Hey hey!

I am definitely going to be doing this next year, I don't really understand what I have to pick for the course though, there is a Media + Journalism access course in one of my local colleges which is the one I plan to do, but (this will make me sound REALLY thick by the way) what comes with it? I don't really understand, is it just Media and Journalism i'd be studying or is there more I need to choose to study along with it?

Thanks for reading this guys :-)

hi
isabelleee
It sounds to me you be studying A Access to He pathway in Media and Journalism and be doing one of these Access to He Diploma which i have been informed are graded Pass,Merit and Distinction.You will study so many Level 3 modules(which are graded)and usually with Access to He programmes you also do Level 2 credits alongside the level 3 modules.The level 2 credits/modules are ungraded:yep: The college in question will most probably be able to tell you which subjects you be studying and at what level
hope this info helps u:yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending