The Student Room Group

How do you drop out of uni?

I think I've made my decision and I want to do it before I change my mind. Basically I have not had the best start and I don't think it's going to get any better. The course doesn't suit me at all, I'm doing Psychology and really don't want to be doing it. Swapping courses isn't an option for me. My accommodation situation is really bad, I am by myself in my flat and my flatmates say hi to me but they're not my friends. I have a group of friends but they're so close to each other I feel as though I am constantly excluded from group activities with them, I do one thing wrong and they cut me off for days. I can't make friends with anybody else because of the way people think of me. Basically I just can't go on living like this. I think I'll miss the good aspects of university life to begin with like going out and having a laugh, movie nights but these are rare and I'll get over it eventually.

I really just wanna start uni again next year, maybe here or somewhere else when I'm more mature. I didn't want to come to uni but forced myself to because I didn't have much time to think about it. But now I know I have gone the wrong way about this whole uni experience and want to leave now before I get to the point when I can't leave because I've become attached.

I just don't know where to start though. I've told my mum I've been thinking about it and she says she will support me if I decide to drop out but I haven't spoken to anyone in uni.. I don't really want to speak to anyone because they will probably try and stop me from leaving :/
Reply 1
Speak to your personal tutor. They will make you aware of your options and the way to leave.
Reply 2
Thanks, deep down I want this whole uni thing to work and I have met some really nice people. But in my head I just know it's not going to work. 5 weeks and 4 weeks of doing the course seems like long enough to make me realise that...

Latest

Trending

Trending