The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Irule3
Hi guys, i have sort of the same issue, i want to apply for engineering and for AS i got:

Maths : A (93.33%)
Physics : A (86.5% *low because of coursework)
Chemistry : A

However in my second year i have picked up AS further maths and my teacher has decided to prodict me a B, will this affect my application?

Predictions:
Maths A2: A*
Physics A2: A*
Chemistry A2: A
Further maths AS : B

Did you REALLY have to revive a 5 year old thread for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Irule3
Hi guys, i have sort of the same issue, i want to apply for engineering and for AS i got:

Maths : A (93.33%)
Physics : A (86.5% *low because of coursework)
Chemistry : A

However in my second year i have picked up AS further maths and my teacher has decided to prodict me a B, will this affect my application?

Predictions:
Maths A2: A*
Physics A2: A*
Chemistry A2: A
Further maths AS : B

This is (was!) a 2010 thread... what was your UMS in chemistry?

Predictions are not so important for Cambridge, but a B in an important subject will not be helpful.
Reply 22
Original post by jneill
This is (was!) a 2010 thread... what was your UMS in chemistry?

Predictions are not so important for Cambridge, but a B in an important subject will not be helpful.

Lol, didnt realise how old it was
Chemistry ums was 85.5%
Reply 23
I should probably note that the fact that this thread is 5 years old shows how long I applied ago I applied to Cambridge (which I did get an offer for! :tongue: )

I am going to close this thread as you'll get more up to date information should you post here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2086102

That said, the advice jneill and others have given you should be a good indication for making an application :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending