The Student Room Group

vet/ animal science statement

hey, i know there are loads of threads with this sort of question but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for, so sorry :s-smilie:
Basically I'm applying to vet school, so my personal statement is obviously really vet orientated but for my 5th option I was thinking animal science/zoology but like I said my P.S is all about me wanting to be a vet, just wanted to know will my 5th option take me seriously? not really sure what to do :frown:
Reply 1
The admissions team for each Uni understand that you are entitled to apply for other courses and they do acknowledge this. I wouldn't worry.
Reply 2
PurpleTinkerbell08
hey, i know there are loads of threads with this sort of question but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for, so sorry :s-smilie:
Basically I'm applying to vet school, so my personal statement is obviously really vet orientated but for my 5th option I was thinking animal science/zoology but like I said my P.S is all about me wanting to be a vet, just wanted to know will my 5th option take me seriously? not really sure what to do :frown:

I did that last year: applied to vet med and zoology as my last choice... My statement was also very vet orientated but part of my statement was about the sciences in relation to vet med, so I found that I could link it to show an interest in zoology. Vet and zoology and animal science are linked so there can be some bridges between them in your ps.

I also think the unis know that people choose back up courses and understand that.

Good luck :smile:
Randomshoes
I did that last year: applied to vet med and zoology as my last choice... My statement was also very vet orientated but part of my statement was about the sciences in relation to vet med, so I found that I could link it to show an interest in zoology. Vet and zoology and animal science are linked so there can be some bridges between them in your ps.

I also think the unis know that people choose back up courses and understand that.

Good luck :smile:

yea i mean i have a little bit in there about the science aspect such as immune responses/gene mutations but i literally just mentioned i was interested in that part of biology :s-smilie: hopefully they will understand like you say, thanks! :smile:
Reply 4
PurpleTinkerbell08

my personal statement was 100% vet focused last year and i still got an unconditional offer from cardiff to do zoology :smile: just very happy i didnt have to take it up!!
starfall
my personal statement was 100% vet focused last year and i still got an unconditional offer from cardiff to do zoology :smile: just very happy i didnt have to take it up!!

Haha, that makes me feel SO much better! i was just really worried the other course would look at it and think im not committed to it at all because I havnt mentioned anything else other than vet med but im a bit more optimistic now so thank you :biggrin:
You don't have to apply to 6 unis and if it's unlikely that you'll accept such an offer anyway, leave it blank.

Latest

Trending

Trending