The Student Room Group

Keele University:

Do you think Keele is an underrated university, and will climb up the rankings in the coming few years, possibly in the top 30? They are 40th (I think in the Sunday times university guide) and 44th (in the Guardian I think). I study Accounting and Finance here at Keele, and as much as I do like it here, I may reapply for next year because I really wanted to go Loughborough or Uni of Sheffield. Would employers really value a degree from Keele, or more specifically from my course at this university, especially if I get at least a 2:1?

What other uni's do you think are underrated? And which ones are overrated? I think Aston (and Uni of B'ham to some extent) is overrated, I mean it is an excellent uni, but they have SERIOUSLY DROPPED in the last few years, and Aston are 36th and 37th in uni guides. But yes it is one of the top for my course. I also think uni of Manchester is overrated.

I am not just basing what I said on league tables. This is just my judgement from what I have heard/researched, as well as league tables. Just out of interest, why have Aston and Manchester gone down the rankings?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
89% of employers don't take into account which university you got your degree at.
Hope that answers 'would employers really value a degree..'
Reply 2
I do think Keele University is under-rated. It is different from other Universities and the league tables don't really know how to convey that.

As for over-rated: Oxford, Cambridge and LSE. I've heard terrible things about many of the "best" Unis in the country.

It depends what you want from University, really. It's very subjective. League tables aren't worth that much when you're trying to pick somewhere you're going to be happy.

Latest

Trending

Trending