The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've gotta be honest - Durdham was pretty cool last night. It's all very swish, seriously well kitted out and the club night was (taking into account that it's just a JCR event in a hall bar) excellent. The DJ played Cafe Del Mar and Paul Van Dyk's For An Angel and musically it doesn't get much better than that. Plus the lights rocked too.

I'm sorry to kick Badock in the teeth a bit, Steveo but, although the bar is dirt cheap, it is too crowded, too hot and not open for long enough. Badock still kicks ass tho. I mean, the people here are just awesome. Well, the people in Unit 5 2nd floor now have legendary status. Really, you couldn't really wish for a more diverse set of genuine personalities. Plus, we win at everything too.

In conclusion: Wills has it's architecture, Durdham has it's luxury and in hall clubbing nights, Badock has the best prices and best people .... errr .... Hiatt Baker has the convenience of the Stoke Bishop Shop and apprently, Churchill has all the rahs (or so i've heard).

Oh and Steve, don't forget to remind me - i owe you 3.80, mate. :wink:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 21
I haven't seen any rahs at Wills, kinda of funny when the Hiatt Bunker students came up shouting, "daddy buy me a pony." Our sterotype just doesn't seem to be true. Syill, they weren't singing when they were pelted with spare change :biggrin:. Oh, and the other lot getting locked in old quad was priceless. :smile:

Still, i think everyone gets to think their ha;; is the best for what ever reason, just so long as people don't take it too seriously. Oh and btw, NO-ONE cares if you run over our grass.
Reply 22
We all live in a better halls than you! A better halls than you! A better halls than you!

(to the tune of yellow submarine)

Probably applicable to most halls really (other than HB and Univ :biggrin:), but it has to be said as I sit at my desk looking out across the old quad and through the arch way across the valley, I'm quite liking Wills right now.
Reply 23
now, HB does have its advantages, if there's a nuclear strike living in a dis-used nuclear shelter could be good thiing
Reply 24
Phil edit your post right now!! Blasphemy! Nah, u make some good points... mostly that Badock kicks arse, Schism i've heard that one, vary good. IAJTHOMAS i don't believe you for a second that there aren't any rah's up at Wills or that you haven't seen any.

Oh and Phil yes you owe me money, who doesn't?! :wink:
Reply 25
HistoryBoy
Phil edit your post right now!! Blasphemy! Nah, u make some good points... mostly that Badock kicks arse, Schism i've heard that one, vary good. IAJTHOMAS i don't believe you for a second that there aren't any rah's up at Wills or that you haven't seen any.

Oh and Phil yes you owe me money, who doesn't?! :wink:

I don't think I do :p:

I do owe shavenwookie a drink tho. And several people owe me one. though im not sure who anymore.

i think i may owe someone else one too.

o and i owe phil 5p.

neway point is, wills is the best and its not as rah as i thought, there are some but i havent talked to them. on the whole everyones just the same as any other halls, almost certainly of a higher standard even, as our lofty position high above all the other halls allows us a better air flow to our brains leading to greater cogitative capacities.
Reply 26
Gexko

o and i owe phil 5p.

That is true actually.

How typical - Harry owes people drinks. He owes the scruffy scouser 5 English pence. :rolleyes:
Reply 27
University Hall rocks

(kinda)
Reply 28
One of my mates is from Eton... and he says that about thirty of his year are in Churchill. No lies.
This is true. I heard someone say 36 people, but I try not to listen to people who are pretentious enough to list how many Etonians reside in their hall.

Churchill isn't all that rah, IMHO, and neither is Wills. It all gets exaggerated.

Durdham was awesome the other night - we randomly ended up there and we loved it :smile:
Reply 30
I've still only been to Badock and Hiatt Baker. I'm so packed for time all the time, and tonight I just don't have the energy to move. DVD it is.
Reply 31
My impression has been that churchill is far more rah this year. However I couldnt give a toss either way :smile:
fuglyduckling

Durdham was awesome the other night - we randomly ended up there and we loved it :smile:

That's because we are just too cool. :cool:

You should have come to our flat.
Pardon my ignorance, but what is *rah?*
There are a lot of rahs in Churchill. I met one on the bus yesterday coming back from lacrosse. But then you know they're rah if they play lacrosse, because state schools don't play it.
Reply 36
susiemakemeblue
There are a lot of rahs in Churchill. I met one on the bus yesterday coming back from lacrosse. But then you know they're rah if they play lacrosse, because state schools don't play it.

MY school (mixed independent, high in league tables and sports) didn't play it. You have to be RATHER posh to play I think. Not that that's a bad thing (or a good thing).
Reply 37
"the wills on the bus go rah rah rah, rah rah rah, rah rah rah.....
..... the wills on the bus go rah rah rah all day long..."

All the wills people i've met have been very nice so far, down to earth.

I think its true that churchill is the major rah all this year.

Hiatt Baker is good, not only because of the shop but due to the hall food :smile:
Zakatu
QUOTE]

haha thats hillarious. From the ppl iv met from churchill and wills id have to say churchill is far more rah
[QUOTE="wednesburywench"]
Zakatu
QUOTE]

haha thats hillarious. From the ppl iv met from churchill and wills id have to say churchill is far more rah

I've met nice people and rahs, and nice rahs for that matter, from both Wills and Churchill, but the most rah person I have met was from Churchill.