The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
BlackHawk
I'm applying, and Wzz is my other half who is a pilot. I've been told by Wzz that I'll have no time for horses at OASC but that won't stop me putting him on full livery/loan. :wink:

Polo looks pretty good, very good horses! I'm more into showjumping and I want to try dressage with this new horse.

NZ wow, you must be really looking forward to it!

I can recommend some good websites and horsey forums if your sister is looking for one. What type is she after?

Ive been advised by my mates not to go near a horse or polo stick while im at iot in case i injure myself and have to backcourse, (that is if i ever get there!) cant wait for NZ am sooooo bored this is why im on the net at 12 on a monday am working the rest of the week, waitressing so boring :frown: only 1 week left :biggrin:
Its a good idea putting him out on loan an extra source of income while your at iot!

My sister is after 15hh - 15.3hh she loves jumping, hates dressage but is a little bit novicy. we may have found one, getting it vetted tomorrow thats the 5th we've looked at, her pony going this weekend which is sad.
I do waitressing too, lots like we have a few things in common! :smile:

I ended up getting the first horse I looked at but before that I had been emailing so many people and they would sell the horse before I came to look. Bit annoying. I can always PM you horsey links if you want.

lol we're getting slightly off the RAF topic!
Reply 42
Medical Query and i wonder if someone can alay my fears, as i see my dream career going down the drain!

Having read in previous posts in this thread about declaring medical conditions, i had asthma as a kid and it pretty much went away in school, that was about 7/8 years ago.

This year out of the blue i got a bad cold (really bad, bordering on flu) and i had a persistent cough which my nurse ( not important enough to see a dr.) said was my asthma so took inhaler and it went away.

My asthma was always a persistent cough and i never really wheezed.
It didnt stop me doing sports or anything active and wasn't chronic, i hardly ever had to take my inhaler.

I know it says symptom-free for 4 years but this was one-off and im applying for ground trades like admin. Would they throw out my application for this?

Im gonna ask my afco but i just wanted to know what people thought.
Reply 43
OppressedMass
I have (latent and controllable) asthma, and so am ineligible for the British army, are there any other armies which allow foreigners and arent so strict on asthma?

Given that 1/4 of children will have asthma soo i reckon that policy has got to change at some point...

Try the Salvation Army.
TopChick, you've obviously read the thread on 'Navy medical advice' so your answers are within there. No one here is a medical officer, thus we cannot possibly comment more than we have.
Reply 45
Ok, just asking out of interest, you don't ask you don't get. Ta :smile:

P.S Sorry Blackhawk didn't read your last post on the navy medical thread, to me my asthma (my personal asthma) isn't a problem so im hoping they'll look individually when checking medical records especialy as im applying for ground trades. Im just being melodramtic.