The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why would you want to smoke? its not cool. It STINKS.

Yes of course there are risks and they must be addictive because when you see people with cigars they are usually old and have been doing it for years.
Reply 2
Smoke because I've always wanted to try it.. if it is too addictive though then I most likely won't start.
Reply 3
Cigars are nowhere near as bad as cigarettes. You do not inhale so it's not as much damage, however you still get damage.

They are also not as addictive as fags.

You MAY get addicted but it'd be a surprise if you did. In general they are nowhere near as bad as cigs, so if you're worried about that, don't. Also, don't let people tell you they are worse or MORE addictive.

This is all speaking from PERSONAL experience.

Let us know how you get on =]
Reply 4
Gjaykay
Cigars are nowhere near as bad as cigarettes. You do not inhale so it's not as much damage, however you still get damage.

They are also not as addictive as fags.

You MAY get addicted but it'd be a surprise if you did. In general they are nowhere near as bad as cigs, so if you're worried about that, don't. Also, don't let people tell you they are worse or MORE addictive.

This is all speaking from PERSONAL experience.

Let us know how you get on =]

Solved all my questions. Do you know much about "little" cigars such as Cafe Creme?
Anonymous
Hi everybody,

I have never smoked before [cigarettes, weed or cigars etc]. I was wondering if somebody can give me advice on cigars and little cigars, I want to smoke them but are they addictive? I have been told "yes they are", "no they aren't" and "they are but not as bad as cigarettes". Which is true?

Are the health hazards the same as cigarettes also? Thanks

I'm not expert but I believe that since you don't take the cigar smoke straight into your lungs - you have it more in your mouth so there is less chance of lung cancer, but a higher chance of mouth cancer.

but that might just be in my mind!
Reply 6
Anonymous
Solved all my questions. Do you know much about "little" cigars such as Cafe Creme?

They are actually the cigars I smoke lol

I prefer cafe creme blue so my answer generally revolves around them =]
Reply 7
Gjaykay
They are actually the cigars I smoke lol

I prefer cafe creme blue so my answer generally revolves around them =]

They are the ones im getting tomorrow, i'm not ready to go onto the big cubans yet lol. Do you recommend any others apart from Cafe Creme Blue or are they the way to go? How long do they last also per cigar and what sort of taste do they give off?
Reply 8
Anonymous
They are the ones im getting tomorrow, i'm not ready to go onto the big cubans yet lol. Do you recommend any others apart from Cafe Creme Blue or are they the way to go? How long do they last also per cigar and what sort of taste do they give off?

Just starting off, I'd stick to cafe creme.

Can't really explain the taste, just a normal cigar taste lol

I believe they last between 10 and 20 mins depending on how quick you smoke it and how fast aswell.
Reply 9
Gjaykay
Just starting off, I'd stick to cafe creme.

Can't really explain the taste, just a normal cigar taste lol

I believe they last between 10 and 20 mins depending on how quick you smoke it and how fast aswell.

Tried cafe creme blue, must say the taste was... strange but I liked it. How many do you smoke a day? I would be tempted to have another tonight then say one per day? Is this normal for cigarillos?
Reply 10
OP, do you read the telegraph?
Reply 11
storm_jh
OP, do you read the telegraph?

I do, yes.
well cigars aren't known to be as addictive cos typically u don't smoke as many, like one a day whereas u would smoke like 10 cigarettes. also, with cigars u aren't meant to properly breathe the smoke in.
Reply 13
Anonymous
I do, yes.

That's far too funny.
Anonymous
Tried cafe creme blue, must say the taste was... strange but I liked it. How many do you smoke a day? I would be tempted to have another tonight then say one per day? Is this normal for cigarillos?

There is no particular normal...people smoke different amounts. I know people who smoke a pack of cigarillos a day , so 4-8. Then there are people who have one or two.

Personally I wouldn't start smoking regularly. I quit cigs about 13 months ago now, but I still get cravings every so often. I'll have a cigar once every few weeks, but too much of anything will get you psychologically addicted, even if not physically. One a day shouldn't be too bad, but getting on for 2 a day and you may find the number sneaks up.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
storm_jh
That's far too funny.

Tweet jackets ftw.
Reply 16
Philosopher-of-sorts
There is no particular normal...people smoke different amounts. I know people who smoke a pack of cigarillos a day , so 4-8. Then there are people who have one or two.

Personally I wouldn't start smoking regularly. I quit cigs about 13 months ago now, but I still get cravings every so often. I'll have a cigar once every few weeks, but too much of anything will get you psychologically addicted, even if not physically. One a day shouldn't be too bad, but getting on for 2 a day and you may find the number sneaks up.

Thanks. I can take or leave alcohol, wouldn't care if I never had a drink again and I think I'm the same with these cigarillos. I just wondered what is the "norm".
Why don't you eat chocolate instead? Same rush and less harmful than smoking :ahee:
Reply 18
pinda.college
Why don't you eat chocolate instead? Same rush and less harmful than smoking :ahee:

I actually hate chocolate... cigars are more appealing at the moment.
Reply 19
Linzikins
Why would you want to smoke? its not cool. It STINKS.

Yes of course there are risks and they must be addictive because when you see people with cigars they are usually old and have been doing it for years.

Erm, smoking IS cool. Fact.

Don't listen to squares like the above OP.

Latest