The Student Room Group

Mature Student Living Away

Hi everyone

I'm 21 currently living in London (originally from Portsmouth).
I went to University for one term last year but hated my course so I dropped out.

So obviously as you do I went out and found myself a job and started the process of re-applying for University.

My mum had always been happy for me to stay with her outside of the academic year, however she recently got herself a new boyfriend and is now moving in with him.....leaving me pretty much homeless if I go back to Uni when we all break up for Christmas & Summer. :confused:
I was wondering what extra funding or help I can get for living in accommodation during these times?

Any help would be fantastic as I've started considering my application as null and void as on the current funding you get I don't think I could even live. :frown:
Reply 1
I'd avoid university accommodation as this tends to be more expensive than private housing. Plus a few halls turf you out in the holidays.

Try and find a cheap single room somewhere. The further away from campus the cheaper it tends to be. If you do this you ought to have enough money, even on a standard loan, to manage living out all of the time.

Latest

Trending

Trending