The Student Room Group

4 As levels really necessary for Law at uni?

Right now I'm studying, English, Politics, History and Psychology.

However, I'm toying with the idea of dropping psychology, mostly because I want more time to commit to drama, other subjects, and busking - which I do at most long intervals as my college is really close to city centre.

Though I really want to study Law at Uni, and I'm thinking Three As levels (AAA) and three a levels (AAA) will be too weak, compared to four A levels?

I want to get into York or Warwick or along those lines.

Advice?
Reply 1
Warwick's website states that they want AAAc for law so you'd need to keep 4 ASs for them. Don't know about York though.
Reply 2
I've looked at applying to York and Warwick this year for law, and as far as I'm aware they need the four AS levels I'm afraid!
For York the only specify that they want three As, but for Warwick they do go as far as saying three As and a C, so if I were you I'd keep them all on :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
3 A-levels is what the majority of people study, but if you want to make yourself stand out the additional A-level may be beneficial. You'll just have to balance your time really well and write a good personal statement and you'll do fine :smile:

It's a bit soon to be thinking of dropping anything if you've only just started college though, see how well you do in your January exams when you get your results in March, this will give you an indication of your progress and what you could drop if you wanted to just do three A-levels.

Good luck :smile:

Latest