The Student Room Group

Im realy not liking economics, can I drop it?

I am only doing 4 As levels, maths, physics, chemistry and ECONOMICS.

I am really enjoying all my subjects apart from economics, I find it so boring, and I just don't really understand half the stuff they try to teach me.

I am not a very wordy person, i just managed to scape a C in English in GCSEs, and all this writing in economics, I'm just not very good at it.

I feel like it is going to make me do worse in my other subjects, as im going to have to revise so much for it.

I want to go to university to do, chemistry, physics or, computer science. Cant decide!

Economics isn't really related to any of them. I would LOVE to be able to drop it, but then I would be left with 3! :s-smilie:

3 isn't really enough? I think it is to late to start another subject this year, but i could do another As next year maybe? but then that might make me do worse in A2?
I really dont know what to do! :confused:
I could do something like the extended project this year maybe? does that count as anything?? i dont knowww!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :frown:
Reply 1
There's 2 options:

- Keep it until the end of the year. You might realise you hate one of your other subjects more and want to drop them instead. Furthermore, a lot of universities like you to get so many UCAS points from 3.5 A Levels, so having it would still give you a few more UCAS points.

- Drop it now and concentrate on getting the best possible grades in your other subjects.
Reply 2
Question: Are you expecting less then a B grade for economics?

Y - drop it
N - keep it
Reply 3
RyanT
Question: Are you expecting less then a B grade for economics?

Y - drop it
N - keep it

I think if I worked REALLY hard, i might be able to scrape a B in it, but im not sure, is it worth the risk?! :s-smilie:
Reply 4
i-am-sam
I think if I worked REALLY hard, i might be able to scrape a B in it, but im not sure, is it worth the risk?! :s-smilie:

Use your own intelligence, will you work hard?

There's millions of people sat in pubs with fat guts that could win the Tour de France if they "worked really hard", doesn't mean they're ever going to though, does it?

My advice is mainly to keep a "clean sheet" and avoid anything that's a C or below.
Reply 5
Can you take up something instead of economics now? It helps to have four AS Levels.
Reply 6
Get an interview at your college, see if you can switch to something else, maybe computing if your considering a degree in computer science?
I know people at my college are still changing, and I managed to change from economics to maths, though granted, not so late into term. Anyway, it's worth a shot, you never know.

Latest