The Student Room Group

Israeli army demolishes $150,000 Palestinian playground

TULKAREM (Ma'an) -- Israeli bulldozers demolished a local playground in the northern West Bank district of Tulkarem on Saturday, locals said.

Bulldozers entered Far'un village supported by soldiers and carried out the demolition, while Palestinian children threw stones at them, villagers said.

Residents said soldiers had ordered residents to demolish the area themselves within seven days. Further, they were told that the village would bear the cost of the demolition if Israeli forces carried it out.

The play area had cost $150,000 to build, locals added.

An Israeli military spokeswoman referred inquiries to the Civil Administration, who did not answer calls seeking comment.

In an earlier raid by Israeli forces, seven families were ordered to stop building on the eastern side of the village, and told to demolish buildings under construction.

The residents issued with the orders were identified as Nahed Saleh U’beid, Marwan Asq Allah Ammar Fawzi Tiam, Abed Ar-Rahman Rashid Hattab, Hamdan Drubi, Muneer Abdallah Omer and Ali An-Nuri.

http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=322441

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
******* israeli bastards, they'll get whats coming to them one day
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
jayman
******* jewish bastards, they'll get whats coming to them one day

Jayman don't affiliate the Jewish label with the heartless IDF. Real Jews wouldn't do this.

Although the disgusting acts of Israel fail to surprise me, I still can't comprehend how they can be so brutal and have no empathy when they carry out these attacks and demolitions.
(edited 13 years ago)
Absolutely horrendous. Just why, why why why :facepalm:
jayman
******* jewish bastards, they'll get whats coming to them one day

... however this sort of attitude is just as pathetic.
What's the harm in a playground? :confused:
Iron Mike
Jayman don't affiliate the Jewish label with the heartless IDF. Real Jews wouldn't do this.

Although the disgusting acts of Israel fail to surprise me, I still can't comprehend how they can be so brutal and have no empathy when they carry out these attacks and demolitions.

They are God's chosen people remember. Palestinians are a subspecies to them. Zionist bastards.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
tieyourmotherdown
... however this sort of attitude is just as pathetic.

Oh yeah sure, calling a group of people "bastards" is the same as destroying a 150k playground for innocent children :confused: (for no paticular reason)

take your nose out of israels ass
jayman
Oh yeah sure, calling a group of people "bastards" is the same as destroying a 150k playground for innocent children :confused: (for no paticular reason)

take your nose out of israels ass

Well you can't fight fire with fire. Also I'm not defending Israel, just saying your calling them "Jewish bastards" is pretty low.
fubar
Source: Ma'an news

Bull**** story.

We're expected to believe that Palestinians are suffering from a terrible plight, that the evil Israeli army tramples the poor oppressed people under its heel.. and yet Palestine can afford to spend $150,000 on a ****ing playground?

The Pro-Palestinian lot think they can take the world for mugs.
Reply 11
Just seems to get worse and worse
jayman
******* israeli bastards, they'll get whats coming to them one day

This.
Reply 13
God Bless Israel.

One of the few nations willing to take a stand against the Muslim world.
Israelians at their best.
Israeli women are hot tho ^^
EsStupido
God Bless Israel.

One of the few nations willing to take a stand against the Muslim world.

I don't like USA, however I can still see that 9/11 was a bad thing. Time for you to understand that with the Islamic world - harming innocents is not a good thing.
Reply 16
Iron Mike

Why do people refer to it as ''acts of Israel'' and not as the ''acts of the people of Israel''?
star-one
Why do people refer to it as ''acts of Israel'' and not as the ''acts of the people of Israel''?

Because he's an idiot. His posting history is a catalogue of face palm.
Reply 18
FyreFight
Source: Ma'an news

Bull**** story.

We're expected to believe that Palestinians are suffering from a terrible plight, that the evil Israeli army tramples the poor oppressed people under its heel.. and yet Palestine can afford to spend $150,000 on a ****ing playground?

The Pro-Palestinian lot think they can take the world for mugs.

so the fact that palestine is semi-developed now justifies the fact that the israeli government just victimized a whole bunch of children and threatened a village with demolition?
I wouldn't be surprised if Israel came up with the excuse that 'the playground harboured future terrorist 5 year olds' or something of the sort.

Disgusting. I just don't understand how this 'country' can just do whatever it wants, even defy international law without any consequences. Something really must be done.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest