The Student Room Group
Reply 1
They came in and did a really big presentation at our school, and I know quite a few people who have been on project trust, or are starting it this summer. It sounds so amazing, and better yet that they have their activities lodge in the scottish isles, so that you can recount adventures w/ each other, and all relate to the extreme adjustments and excitement surrounding a gap year. I'm doing a 12 week project through another organisation, but if I wanted to do a one year project, I would deffo do project trust.
My mum went on a gap year with Project Trust way back in the 1970s when they just set themselves up. She thought they were fabulous...so fabulous, that when she finished her year abroad she continued working for them for a while!

Have a friend who's on a gap year in Chile with them now - she's set up a journal cataloguing her trip:

www.livejournal.com/users/projectchile/

She'll probably be v. happy to answer questions etc
Reply 3
Theres so many people whove gone on to wrok with them its amazing. Thanks for the link by the way
Hey!!!
I had a talk at my school quite a while back now and have been on the selection course in Coll!
It was awesome! I totally recommend going!
I will be doing a Gap Year in China to teach conversational English, but i have to raise the money before i can go...will be worth every penny im sure!
:biggrin:
My sister went to Thailand for a year with PT.
I'll try to get in touch with her (she's in Uni) and pass on some info.
She did really, REALLY love it though and she's very proud of the whole experience. She really liked the culture and found the people were really great to talk to and get on with (especially the kids she was teaching!). It was bloody expensive though!

It's not really something for me but I think if what they talk about sounds like something you'd want to do, go for it. Basing it on my sister's experience, you'll really enjoy it.
Yeah i'm looking at them too!
I wanna go to South America, hopefully Bolivia or Peru but it partly depends on the selection course aswell. :smile:
I've just turned 18 and i'm gonna take my foundation art course, I'll be 19 when i go hopefully which is the maximum age.

We had a girl come in and she told us about her time in dominican republic and how she lived. Really good! She was going on about it so much lol definetly recommended by what she has said.
Although it is expensive, it is very well organised and you know you're gonna stay safe.
xx

Latest