The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Biochemistry/Biotechnology + Management year

Hi

I want to ask about Biochemistry and Biotechnology - which one is better for genetics? I hear that Biochemistry is the "pure" science itself, while Biotech is the applied version of it. I'm considering the second one but still if someone could write few works about these courses, that would help me a lot. I don't I can stand any dissection, blood, insides or experiments with dead animals so if there's some stuff like this please let me know too.

And about management year - do I need to have any knowledge about management? Is it a very difficult year? Is there a lot of math?

Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
You're not exactly taking physiology so if I were to guess I wouldn't think you'd come into contact with that stuff during the course. The biochemists I know mostly work with E.coli and cow protein (the whole lab smells like meat broth), although one guy used the abdomen of exotic spiders as his subject matter. But there is also a subspecialty of biochemistry called plant biochemistry which I assume doesn't use animal tissue. :tongue:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending