The Student Room Group

Can I transfer after 2 years to America?

Hi, originally I had planned to do a BA/BSc in Psychology in America, however, I don't think I can financially afford to do the whole course there. So I decided to apply to unis here and then see if I could still live the dream and move to America. My only question is, is that actually possible? Will they be able to transfer my degree and if so, what would the entry requirements be like? I've also read that some unis let you do one year in a different country as part of the course, where can I find out about that?

Thanks.

PS - I couldn't decide whether this should be in the 'Study in North America' section, Psychology degree section or in here so sorry if I put it in the wrong place!
It is pointless. Finish your undergraduate here, and move to the US for your postgraduate degree.
Reply 2
I know it's a bit pointless but I probably won't continue on to get a masters or anything postgraduate. It's just that I want to go, it's a dream of mine, but I can't afford the whole course.
Then find a British university with an American exchange programme.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
How would I go about doing that? Would I have to look at the individual university's website or is there a specific list of universities that take part in the programme?
Reply 5
Look for universities that offer a year in America as part of a 4 year degree.

EDIT: Look on their website - use google -.-
(edited 13 years ago)
There is no specific list. Google is your best friend.
You should check with the US uni you're interested in. University transfers are a lot more common there than here, I think.
Reply 8
If you really are desperate to study in the US, have a look at some of the institutions you would be interested in. A lot do some really big scholarships. If thats not feasible, then many UK universities do a year abroad scheme.

Latest

Trending

Trending