The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Jeffy91
Never smoked a cigarette before in my life but last night we went to a Shisha bar and I smoked it for 2 hours and must have taken over 200 tokes (up to 2 a minute iirc).

What are the health affects of this? I am white btw if that makes a difference.

You have lung cancer and will die before the month is out.
You will die of cancer within 3 weeks.

Or, you know, you'll cough up a bit of brown lung butter for a bit then carry on as if it never happened.
Revd. Mike
You have lung cancer and will die before the month is out.

Great minds. :smile:
Reply 4
well you smoked for 2hrs straight so im guessing it woulda done some harm, btw, how does your ethnicity matter about heath affects of smoking lol, cos it doesnt matter at all, i have no idea why you asked that, :-s
Reply 5
Guise, I'm not stupid and I know I don't have cancer. It's only half tobacco anyway so it can't be that bad.
Reply 6
You will die after reading this sentence.
Jeffy91
Guise, I'm not stupid and I know I don't have cancer. It's only half tobacco anyway so it can't be that bad.

:eyeball: How?
Reply 8
Cheech23
well you smoked for 2hrs straight so im guessing it woulda done some harm, btw, how does your ethnicity matter about heath affects of smoking lol, cos it doesnt matter at all, i have no idea why you asked that, :-s

Well it's Indian so I thought because they have it and we don't it may be tailored to their species and not us white folk? :dontknow:

What kind of harm do you think it would have done?
Reply 9
mikeyd85
:eyeball: How?

It doesn't develop that quickly and it is not likely to occur.
Jeffy91

:p:

Tbh fella, you'll be fine. I wouldn't worry about this.
Jeffy91
Well it's Indian so I thought because they have it and we don't it may be tailored to their species and not us white folk? :dontknow:

:facepalm:
Reply 12
Nothing. There will be no long term anything. GTFO.
You have very very slightly increased your chances of getting lung or throat cancer.
Reply 14
v-zero
Nothing. There will be no long term anything. GTFO.

Thanks I was just making sure :smile:
Reply 15
Jeffy91

:rofl:
I smoked shisha for about 45 minutes every day, mainly by myself, for over 6 months back during my GCSEs, and I'm alive and well today, so it's fair to say you'll be fine OP :wink:
Reply 17
Jeffy91

LOL at the underlined... species! :p:
I hate normal cigarettes but quite enjoy shisha, and I never seem to feel any problems the next day... do you feel like coughy and stuff?
its probably cause you're not used to it?
Jeffy91

I wasn't aware that you're an expert on the subject. So how long does it take for cancer to develop?

And as for you theory of it not being likely to occur, 1 in 3 people get cancer within their lifetime.

Also, don't precede the statement 'I'm not that stupid' with the word 'Guise'.
Reply 19
what flavour? some give more cancers than others

Latest